Parts & Tools

Released September 22, 2017. Model A1863, A1905. Available as GSM or CDMA / 64 or 256 GB / gold, silver, and space gray.

Can I replace the entire rear housing?

I broke the rear glass on my iphone 8. It looks really hard to scrape off the glass and replace that part, so I was wondering if I can replace the entire back of the phone? I could just take out all the parts and transfer them, but the wireless charging coil looks like it's near-impossible to remove successfully. Does anyone know where I can purchase a rear housing including the wireless charging coil? Am I even on the right track with this?

Nintendo Switch Kits

A quick fix to get back in the game

Shop Switch Kits

Nintendo Switch Kits

A quick fix to get back in the game

Shop Switch Kits

Most Helpful Answer

You can do it yes.

How to assemble iPhone 8 back housing?

Do you know where I can buy the part including the wireless charging coil?

The wireless charging coil can be removed, heating it with the heat gun can make it easy to be removed. The iPhone 8 backhousing is not available now.

I have kind of the same problem, but - yet still a little worse:

My iPhone 8 has been dropped on a parking lot with an uneven surface - and run over by a car!

So, the entire back housing is bend quite a lot (strangely enough, neither the back glass or the screen seems to be damaged at all).

But it looks odd, and being the skilled industrial technician I am, I’ve tried to bend it back into the correct shape. This cannot be done, since the aluminium kinda hardens the first time it is bend out of shape - and cannot be forced back to its original shape.

So, it would be very appreciated if anyone could help, regarding where I can buy a new back housing.

viarengo1 will be eternally grateful.