Released September 16, 2016. Models A1661, A1784, and A1785. Available in 32, 128, or 256 GB configurations in Rose gold, gold, silver, black, jet black, and (Product)Red.

Why does my iPhone 7 Plus rear camera show black screen?

I accidentally dropped my phone a few days ago and found out the rear camera and flashlight are not working on the camera app. Instead it showed a black screen and in video mode there was an icon saying ‘iphone needs to cool down before using flash’ I tried using the snapchat camera but no luck there. So I took my iPhone to a local repair shop. They checked the connections were fine and my camera might be broken. By chance, today I opened my messenger camera by chance and it was working absolutely fine. I have tried reset/reboot and factory reset but still can’t access my back camera except from the messenger app.

Mac RAM Kits
Speed up your Mac. Max out its memory.
Mac RAM Kits
Get more memory out of your Mac.

So you are saying that the REAR CAMERA works in messenger but not in Snapchat or Camera mode?

That's certainly odd, I wouldn't expect that camera access would be different from one app to another. However, if the tech said the camera is properly connected, then I would suspect the logic board sustained some damage from the fall. Ultimately, this will have to be probed by an experienced micro-solderer as it could be a tiny component was dislodged. There's no way to troubleshoot this "remotely"...

This has happened to me. Same problem. Works on FB but not Snapchat or camera app. Did you find a solution?..

Same thing just happened to me last week. Works in FB but not camera app.

This happened to me too... works on iScanner app and not on any other. Please let me know the solution if you were able to resolve it.

Thank you!

Checked on FB and it work. So far only FB and iScanner...

I have the same issue, only FB messenger

I have the same issue. I wish there is a solution

Hi, this happened to me recently. I tried all the solutions I found online but none of them worked! Then I went to my local phone store and all they did was open my phone and found out a tiny connector came loose. They connected it really quickly and I didn't have to pay for anything because the cable was just loose. Now it works perfectly fine! So if you've tried everything, just open your phone up and see if the connection from the camera to the phone is connect! Hope this help!

Rameen shahid will be eternally grateful.