Released September 16, 2016. Models A1661, A1784, and A1785. Available in 32, 128, or 256 GB configurations in Rose gold, gold, silver, black, jet black, and (Product)Red.

Why does my iPhone 7 Plus rear camera show black screen?

I accidentally dropped my phone a few days ago and found out the rear camera and flashlight are not working on the camera app. Instead it showed a black screen and in video mode there was an icon saying ‘iphone needs to cool down before using flash’ I tried using the snapchat camera but no luck there. So I took my iPhone to a local repair shop. They checked the connections were fine and my camera might be broken. By chance, today I opened my messenger camera by chance and it was working absolutely fine. I have tried reset/reboot and factory reset but still can’t access my back camera except from the messenger app.

New Battery = Faster iPhone
Fix Kits starting at $16.99

So you are saying that the REAR CAMERA works in messenger but not in Snapchat or Camera mode?

That's certainly odd, I wouldn't expect that camera access would be different from one app to another. However, if the tech said the camera is properly connected, then I would suspect the logic board sustained some damage from the fall. Ultimately, this will have to be probed by an experienced micro-solderer as it could be a tiny component was dislodged. There's no way to troubleshoot this "remotely"...

Rameen shahid will be eternally grateful.