Released September 16, 2016. Models A1661, A1784, and A1785. Available in 32, 128, or 256 GB configurations in Rose gold, gold, silver, black, jet black, and (Product)Red.

Why does my iPhone 7 Plus rear camera show black screen?

I accidentally dropped my phone a few days ago and found out the rear camera and flashlight are not working on the camera app. Instead it showed a black screen and in video mode there was an icon saying ‘iphone needs to cool down before using flash’ I tried using the snapchat camera but no luck there. So I took my iPhone to a local repair shop. They checked the connections were fine and my camera might be broken. By chance, today I opened my messenger camera by chance and it was working absolutely fine. I have tried reset/reboot and factory reset but still can’t access my back camera except from the messenger app.

So you are saying that the REAR CAMERA works in messenger but not in Snapchat or Camera mode?

That's certainly odd, I wouldn't expect that camera access would be different from one app to another. However, if the tech said the camera is properly connected, then I would suspect the logic board sustained some damage from the fall. Ultimately, this will have to be probed by an experienced micro-solderer as it could be a tiny component was dislodged. There's no way to troubleshoot this "remotely"...

Same here, after replacing a new screen from ifixit on the iphone 7 plus, the rear camera stopped working. I did not loose it or rip off some cables, did the work nice and easy.

I bought a new camera s+ grade from etrade supply, but the screen was still black. But when i tried the camera on messenger, it was working.

A very strange bug indeed. I wonder there is a way to fix it?

I restored the phone through itunes but with no luck.

I have the same problem

I have the same issue. Camera works in FB messenger but no other third party app or the stock app work. However I did find that if I switch my zoom to 2x the camera works! But this doesn’t do me any good when playing with AR apps because the camera resets to 1x when the app is not open. ;(. This is a crummy defect and I wish apple would address it! At least I figured out a way to take photos....

i'm having the same issues, camera works on 2x, and selfie mode. No snapchat

This has happened to me. Same problem. Works on FB but not Snapchat or camera app. Did you find a solution?..

Same thing just happened to me last week. Works in FB but not camera app.

This happened to me too... works on iScanner app and not on any other. Please let me know the solution if you were able to resolve it.

Thank you!

Checked on FB and it work. So far only FB and iScanner...

Same thing happened to my iphone 7 plus, camera works on fb/ messenger but what ive noticed is that, its just the camera depth(second camera) that is working. And whenever i press/click the camera button of the main camera app, it’s not clickable and it doesnt take any photo at all. Only the front camera that is working. What do you think is the problem? Is it the hardware or is there something wrong with the software itself? Corrupted files/system that affects the camera?

Hi mahn I have the exact problem just now, hope you do have a solution. If yes can you pls let me know!

I had the same problem, I had to install an alterative app for camera, in my case "Lightroom CC" was the application that put the rear camera to work again. :)

I have the same issue, only FB messenger

I have the same issue. I wish there is a solution

Hi, this happened to me recently. I tried all the solutions I found online but none of them worked! Then I went to my local phone store and all they did was open my phone and found out a tiny connector came loose. They connected it really quickly and I didn't have to pay for anything because the cable was just loose. Now it works perfectly fine! So if you've tried everything, just open your phone up and see if the connection from the camera to the phone is connect! Hope this help!

Did he tell you which cable came off buddy? Ours can be the same !

Has anyone found a fix yet ! Please let us know

My wife dropped her iPhone and it had same problem. The flashlight nor the rear camera would work, but it would work on Facebook. There are two cameras on iPhone. I had to replace the rear cameras($99 on amazon and come as a set). After I replaced cameras, it would take pictures and the flashlight started working again, even though it isn’t part of the camera set.

I got my camera replaced. My messenger camera was working but gave a zoomed and not so good quality image.

After you have replaced the camera, does it work prefectly as before?

this could be stupid, but… did you try to look in settings/privacy/camera? some apps restrict use of camera (maybe that’s the solution for someone. best regards and luck.

iPhone 7 Plus camera not working

I just dropped my phone and the same thing happens well of course the screen did break !

my camera is having the same problem …black screen !

but it opens up in messenger, Facebook but it’s zoomed and not so good quality image ! I think it’s the portrait mode camera which is opening . I still need to find a fix. Someone help

Same problem from two days

Guys basically I replaced my screen and my back camera stopped working and I was on iOS 11 when it didn’t work. So I updated to iOS 12 and it works perfectly fine. Just find the newest update for yourselves

Rameen shahid will be eternally grateful.