The ACER Aspire E1-572-6870 is a laptop manufactured by Acer in 2013. It is identified by model number E1-572-6870.

Why is my laptop screen black after I log in?

My laptop recently did a huge update that took a couple hours. After it was done the screen went completely. I turned it off and back on and it took me to the sign in screen. After I sign in the screen goes completely black. I can see the mouse but nothing else. Help?

hit CTRL + ALT + DELETE

once task manager opens, (you may need to hit task manager in windows 10) in the top left of task manager click "file" and then "run new task" and type in "explorer.exe" without quotes. then hit OK.

When I click task manager, it never shows. The control alt delete shows but after I click task manager it goes black again

Try booting into safe mode. (Copied and pasted one of my answers from earlier today here so just replaced blue screen with desktop)

See if the issue persists in safe mode. boot into safe mode by spamming the ESC key until you see the startup menu. from there hit F11 and click troubleshoot. then advanced options, startup settings then hit restart. once it boots you should see startup settings. hit F4. once the pc boots, see if the blue screen desktop comes up again, if not so you may have a virus or something else wrong with your settings. report back to me on your result. because we are not done. if the desktop does open in safe mode we are not done.

Note: to exit safe mode, simply reboot your pc and it will start up normally.

Also, no data will be lost in this process

More info:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c0...

I have Windows 10 and it doesn't give me the option to go into safe mode. The closest I get is shift + restart which brings up an options page that has the options of

Continue

Use a device

Troubleshoot

Turn off your PC

Nevermind. I found how to get to to what you said. After completing the steps it brings up the black screen once again.

Hmm... Is there any important data on the laptop?

It took it awhile to load but the taskbar just loaded. Background is still black but I do have the taskbar

ah. why don't you try the command prompt thing again. worth a shot but most likely your laptop is just being reeeeeealy slow

Hi there,

I’m having the same problem with my Acer Aspire E15.

When I log into my profile it’s a black screen with a cursor, nothing shows up even when I press Ctrl + Alt + Delete or anything for that matter!

Funny thing is tho, everyone else can log into their profiles on MY laptop and works fine but I can’t

Connor Mccallister will be eternally grateful.