Repair guides and support for laptops by Lenovo.

Is it possible to replace lenovo yoga 520 keyboard?

The keys on the keyboard are sticky and stuck. I spilled a drink on it. Is it possible to repair or replace the key board in India?

I would appreciate your response.

Thank you for your reply. Would Lenovo help me with keyboard repair or replacement?

New Battery = Faster iPhone
Fix Kits starting at $16.99

Sadly the keyboards not your only issue. Electronics Water Damage

most likely you would have to pay for it.

Most Helpful Answer

Hi @pranjali ,

First do not turn on your laptop

Here is a link to the service manual. Go to p.33 to find the pre-requisite steps and then the procedure to remove the battery pack from the laptop.

Once the battery has been disconnected and removed, use the manual to dis assemble the laptop and then follow the guide provided in the above answer to thoroughly clean all the liquid and possible corrosion away using IPA90%+ (Isopropyl Alcohol - available at most pharmacies)

Once you are sure that it is totally clean as the keyboard is part of the upper case, on p.66 you'll find the part numbers for it. The part number should also be stamped on the underside of the upper case.

You may have to search online or contact Lenovo to get a replacement part.

Hopefully there has not been too much damage and that you will be able to get it working again. You can only try.

Pranjali will be eternally grateful.