Battery only charges when home button is disconnected

I recently replaced the battery, dock connector, screen and home button on my iPhone. The phone connects to my computer via the lightning port and can sync without problems. When connected to the mains adapter it displays the charging symbol, however the battery doesn’t actually charge.

While checking the connections inside the phone I discovered that the phone will charge normally when the home button ribbon cable is disconnected. Is it worth trying a different home button or is this a U2 chip problem that needs a professional repair?

Try another home button, not U2 Tristar charging IC issue. Well it could also be the charging port faulty if the home button connector is faulty.

If the phone can't show apple logo when the battery is unplugged and charging cable plugged in then you have a U2 Tristar charging IC chip issue.

Thank you for answering. I tried charging with the battery disconnected and got the Apple logo. I’ll try a new dock connector from a different supplier in the next couple of days.

Onetwothree will be eternally grateful.