Released on September 19, 2014, this 5.5" screen iPhone is the larger version of the iPhone 6.

Why do I need to remove the screen when replacing the battery

I wanted to replace the battery on my phone myself but i just wanted to know why i need to to take off the screen to do so.

You don't have to remove the screen to replace the battery, but it's going to be a big PITA if you don't.

It's just easier to handle the phone and remove the battery while the screen is removed.

Most Helpful Answer

You don’t have to take off the screen, but it makes it easier to do the repair. If you don’t you might pull a cable and then you have to replace your screen as well.

As said above, it's easier to replace the battery when screen is removed because you can't damage the cables etc then. I usually use an holder that's designed to hold the screen and housing at the angle I choose. Then remove battery connector plate and the connector, then the vibrator in bottom and pulling out the tape downwards.

This is the one I use (iPhone 6,6+,6s,6s)

Like a number of people said already, it's easier if you remove the screen. JUST MAKE SURE YOU DISCONNECT the battery cable , before doing anything. Failure to to do this will mess up your screen,

and it may not come on when your done working.

You need to open the screen because apple build the iPhone so. Every person that wants to open an iPhone most remove the screen even apples genius bar.

Sorry for my english.

Jason Aw will be eternally grateful.