Repair guides and support for your LG TV.

TV not responding to remote and physical buttons

Hi

Today my TV a LG 47LM669S stopped responding to the remote control and also the physical buttons weren't responding.

After a while I couldn't turn on the TV anymore.

I disassembled it and took the physical buttons board out and now it seems to be working again with the remote.

Is it possible that the physical buttons unit (I don't know the right name for that) may be broken, we don't use it at all...

By looking at its PCB all seems fine not burn or discoloured parts, what can be a good test to make to check if the part is defective?

Can the IR board be faulty?

If the part (seems to be GP4 Control) is defective where can I find a replacement part in Europe?

Here some pics of the part:

Best

Vlad

my own stopped working all of a sudden bot the physical button and remote control

iPhone Battery Fix Kits

Only $29.99

iPhone Battery Fix Kits

Only $29.99

The part is available on Ebay (it is located in the U.K.)

Just search online using the board number (EAX64466302) for other suppliers if this seller doesn't suit you.

The only test perhaps is to use an Ohmmeter and check if any of the buttons is s/c (short circuit) or low resistance. Although perhaps not because if it was then you would think that there would be a indication on the screen such as a permanent Volume level display in the case of a faulty Volume button for example. Maybe more than one button is faulty which would confuse the processor as to what to do and therefore it would do nothing. Just a thought.

I don't think that the IR is faulty because it works OK when you disconnect the button board.

Vladimir Knobel will be eternally grateful.