Released October 2008 / 2.4, 2.53, 2.66, 2.8 or 2.93 GHz Core 2 Duo Processor

441 Questions View all

Replacing the glass trackpad?

I need to replace my trackpad for my Macbook Pro Uni 15'' Late 2008.

I would like to know if I can use the trackpad of the 13' version to replace it or if I can use the trackpad of Macbookpro for mid 2009 to mid 2010 for it.

Please help. Thank you.

Answered! View the answer I have this problem too

Is this a good question?

Score 1
Add a comment

2 Answers

Chosen Solution

Here's how to do it: Requesting info on how to replace the MBP (A1286) trackpad

Was this answer helpful?

Score 2


Apple in its infinite wisdom elected to only sell the keyboard and trackpad along with the top case as a single unit Apple part number 661-4948 without regard to the cost or need to replace this component. This is fine for warranty or Authorized Service Providers as they can cure multiple problems with a single fix and a big bill to the customer. So we have to find cannibalized parts or after market parts to do our repairs. Some of these keyboards didn’t even have screws, just spot welds ( a cost saving measure for Apple, no screws, no labor). Part number 922-9008 appears to be correct. Trying to use some trackpad from a different machine is asking for trouble. Just use the correct part and be done with it. Make sure YOU can replace the part before you order it.


Add a comment

I know how to replace it. I just like to know if i can get another version of the trackpad for my macbook? This is the part number of the one i am trying to get 922-9008. Or how to know which is the right part number for your macbook?

Was this answer helpful?

Score 0
Add a comment

Add your answer

Benjamin will be eternally grateful.
View Statistics:

Past 24 Hours: 0

Past 7 Days: 0

Past 30 Days: 0

All Time: 3,902