Released on September 19, 2014, this 5.5" screen iPhone is the larger version of the iPhone 6.

iPhone 6 Plus Infinite Boot loop please help

I have a 3 year old, white iPhone 6 Plus still running on iOS 9 and last night it randomly rebooted itself and its now stuck on the boot screen with the apple logo . When plugged in to either the wall or computer, when I try to hard reset, it will turn off then immediately turn back on, when unplugged, it will turn off, but it go back to the boot loop when turned back on, or when its plugged in to the wall/computer again.

- When I plug my iPhone to the computer, the computer will not detect the device, neither will iTunes or any 3rd party software

- I have not jail broken the phone, or have changed any parts on the phone such as the screen or battery, it still has all the same original parts

- Before it happened, the iPhone had been suffering from the touch disease, and a short battery life, and was starting to really become slow

Can anyone help me?

New Battery = Faster iPhone
Fix Kits starting at $16.99

In my experience, it's 1 of 2 things.

1. I have seen bad batteries cause this, because they can't supply the proper amount of power consistently.

I would replace the battery. Here is the iFixit guide iPhone 6 Plus Battery Replacement.

2. It could be a bad NAND flash (your iPhone's hard drive). There are services out there to reflow the NAND chip, however I have never used them.

I have had the exact issue you explained and 9 times out of 10 it's one of these two. Hopefully for your sake, it's number 1. Let me know, if you have any other questions.

How much would NAND repair cost me? Is it even practical/possible? Will it delete all my data?

It usually costs around $99. It is possible. There is a real reputable company that people mention on iFixit a lot, but I dont recall the name. I do believe your data is wiped because the NAND has to be reflashed.

Brian, I have 2 IPhone 6 Plus that are stuck in boot loop and can’t restore. One is default stuck in recovery mode, that is what computer says when plugged in. And the other is default in DFU mode. When restoring the first one, it goes all the way up to when the loading bar start screen in the Apple logo on the phone, and then it just shuts off/ reboots. I’ve tried every software plus a one, and nothing. Same for the second one. And I had an iPhone 6 that was stuck in recovery, I fixed it but now the home button doesn’t work. Turns out when the phone dies, and you plug it in it boots into recovery mode, as if the home button is being pressed and it gets very hot.

The Plus’ is there any way it’s not a NAND issue? I’ve swapped all the parts and nothing has changed. I could use some help. Thansk

Took it to a local irepair shop, turns out it couldn't connect to the computer because the charging port was dirty, and upgrading the phone to iOS 11 solved the issue, for now...

See, I always clean the charging ports first out of habit because I’ve seen some crazy stuff come out of there.

Most Helpful Answer

In addition to Brian's great answer, consider the following ideas...you never know.

Try these things (if you haven't already) to see if anything helps:

• Try a hard reset (Home & Power button for 10 secs)
  • Use a genuine Apple Lightning connector
  • Use a genuine Apple charging brick and let it charge overnight
  • Try to connect it to different computers (mac/pc if possible) with an updated iTunes
  • Put the phone in recovery mode (search DFU Mode). Careful, this can reset your data
  • Use 3uTools for putting it in and out of Recovery Mode
  • Use 3uTools to flash the firmware (you can't downgrade)
  • Check the condition of all the flexes (with magnification)
  • Disconnect the Front Camera Ribbon from the logic board and reboot your phone
  • Disconnect the screen assembly completely and see if iTunes will recognize the phone.

Otherwise, you may have a logic board issue. If you are uncomfortable doing these steps, consider finding a repair shop to do the troubleshooting. A shop that also does micro-soldering can go deeper if the problem is not modular in nature.

I use to see this a lot when I worked for a apple reseller, so generally one of 3 things liquid, dropped or fake display.

If was just dropped the digitiser might be damaged or the cable may need to be reseated but its impassable to know without inspecting the phone.

if liquid damaged it makes more sense because generally device degrade and get worse over time due to corrosion. you can check in the SIM card tray if there LCI has been triggered and gone red ( it should be white) if its liquid Apple would generally recommend a whole unit replacement for a exchange.

if its a fake display apple's updates have a tendency of bricking iPhone's when the display cant pass the system check at boot up which cause's the iPhone to restart the system test putting you into a boot loop.

good luck with it.

Saul Barriga will be eternally grateful.