0

rouben
1

Can not slide to unlock

i can't slide to unlock my iphone 3G i have tried the home button and the switch off button but nothing happens.

2

Cal Hall
445

I agree it does sound like you need a new touch digitizer. These can be found for relatively cheap ($10-$20) on eBay. The only problem with just replacing the digitizer is that there is a frame that the digitizer sits in/is attached to and that frame has the home button on it. Buying the whole assembly is about $60 on eBay. There is a step-by-step on here that shows you how to replace just the touch digitizer. I have followed this step by step and successfully replaced just the touch digitizer. My only warning is that you need to be really careful not to bend the frame that you'll be removing from the old digitizer. I bent the frame a little and the touch digitizer didn't fit in as well. Good luck I'm sure you can handle it!

+ I agree but would probably replace the whole assembly because it is a little easier to replace since it does not require as much attention to the frame.

2

Elena Gary
25

hold down the power button and the home button at the same time and this will cause the screen to flash & afterward you want to hold down the power button & hopefully it'll turn back on. c: hope this helps!

Wow yes it helped thank you my slide now works without replacing my digitiser

gmag47,

1

Totoro
157

you probably need to replace your digitiser. :)

0

frank marchiano
1

hold down power button and the home button at the same time for 2 minutes

and this apple white should appear when phone turns on it unlocks

0

jerry salas
1

i need help i droped my phone screen cracked and couldnt slide to unlock and couldnt switch off got my screen fixed but still i cant slide to unlock whats the problem please be specific i cant go to main page stuck on slide to unlock