AC repair guides and support.

Ac/heat window unit not heating

I have a whirlpool ac and heat unit that just quit heating all of the sudden. All other functions work properly. What could have happened or could be wrong? Model # ACE184XK0

Check so theres still gas inside it, I dont know how you check it on this model.

Usually theres a sensor in one of the pipes that feel the presure of the gas, if you put those two contacts against each other it should start cooling. But dont do it for a longer time, theres often a kind of "oil" in too and if its to little gas/oil you will break it if doing it for a longer time.

You can check for leaks also

@cdunigan this could be a bad thermostat, failed heating strip as well as multiple other issues. You would have to at least remove the cover and post some images of your unit that let's us see what you see. Use this guide Adding images to an existing question for that.

Cyndi will be eternally grateful.