iPhone 5s battery drain iOS 11

Hello, after the ios11 i have huge problems with my iphone 5s. Before iOS11, my phone was usable for at least 12h. I was charging it every night. After the update, I've got many issues with the phone and after 2-3 weeks it was able to hold max 1-2 hours at idle on battery. I've checked the battery life and it was at 65%. So I bought brand new original battery, replaced it and now it hold up for like 6-7 hours at idle. I've tried to reset, to update but no success. I'm using original charger from HTC and ANKER cable, and I checked it and it's charging with 0.9 - 1 Amp. Is there anything I can do to fix phone. Could this be hardware or software problem?

Check your iPhone battery health using one of these methods:

- Windows: 3Utools

- Mac: CoconutBattery

- iOS: Battery Life app

You may need to backup your phone via iTunes, restore the iPhone then restore the iPhone backup from iTunes to fix the rapid battery drain issue.

Note that restoring the phone wipes the data on the phone.

I've checked and the battery health was 100%. No wear level. The old one was 35%wear. I've tried a complete restore last week and it didn't help.

Then I would say the latest iOS is at fault. Nothing can be done about it other than getting an new phone..

If thats the case, I'm really disappointed by Apple and this was the last time, I spent money on their products. Turning a perfectly working phone into piece of trash with an update and not giving an option to downgrade the OS. Stupid way to make people buy their new phones.

Over the last several iOS updates (v9, 10 and now v11), the trend I have noticed is that the weakest device supported tends to suffer greatly from decreased performance or battery life. I made the mistake of updating my iPad mini to v9 and turning it into a clunker that was borderline unusable. Now I just don't update my older devices anymore. If I'm concerned about security, I'll just change devices. The reality is that most new iOS features are only really pertinent to the most recent devices. You don't really get much more out of an iPhone 5S from iOS 11 than you do from iOS 8, yet you lose tons of performance.

it is know that apple input problems in older devices for users to upgrade and make the newer devices look good. I have an iphone 5s and after updating to IOS 11 my battery life dropped significantly and it have been slightly slower also. For thoses who have older devices DON'T upgrade.

Apple admitted to messing with users battery at one point in time and was giving a free replacement after getting caught.

Make sure 2 things

a) you have updated to iOS 11.2.0

b) make sure you have updated the youtube app and facebook app

Ivan Novakov will be eternally grateful.