Repair guides and support for your LG TV.

Why does everything have a blue tint?

I have had my LG 43UF640V 43” smart TV for 2 years and over time, the picture has become more and more tinted. Everything looks a blueish purple.

This problem occurs all the time, with my sky box, DVD player and Netflix and YouTube apps on the smart tv.

I have tried adjusting all the picture settings. I have turned the picture temperature all the way to warm and even this doesn’t help lessen the blue tint. I’ve tried everything.

What might be causing the blueish purple tint?

Any help much appreciated,

Thanks.

I have compared the colours on my smart tv and pc using the website you gave and basically all the colours are off.

Here’s a rundown of the results:

Red - Considerably Darker on tv

Green - Darker less vivid/bright on tv

Blue - Much brighter/vivid on tv

Cyan - More blueish purple less vivid/bright on tv

Magenta - Biggest difference of all. Much more blueish purple on tv

Yellow - Darker, almost mustard colour on tv

Black - Same on tv and PC

Grey - More like a pale purple on tv

White - Slight hint of ice blue on tv

I have the same problem just have over 2 years and everything looks blue it is a lg 43” smart tv

I have the same problem, how to solve?

Look thru the back of the TV if it's blue it's blue light then it's your back lights

Same issue never buying LG agan,i have always purchased Samsung, my 65 inch is little more than year old an already having issues..should been recalled..but never agan.

PC Laptop Batteries

An easy fix for a big power boost.

PC Laptop Batteries

An easy fix for a big power boost.

This, is the answer you seek: RGB components dont apply to LCD tv, so you can ignore that (liquid crytal is clear, not coloured) The Blue LED phenomenon exists in LED backlights that are manyfactured by a company called Vestel. Notorious in the TV trade for building sub-standard TVs, and, supplying parts to other manufacturers. Once the Vestel LEDS begin to age, they turn blue, then blow. (its unlikely youl see them blow, as you’ll be so sick of watching a blue tv, youd have done something about it before they had the chance)

The solution is to replace the backlight LED array in its entirity, and not with a Vestel built kit, but any other 3rd party array.

HOWEVER…. Consumer rights act 2015 may provide you wih an alternative way out. The TV must be fit for purpose for 6 years after the date of purchase, otherwise the company you bought it from are liable. Net result = 1 free telly.

Same problem, whites are blue, and getting worse. Replace back lights? or research Consumer rights act 2015? Can you go more into detail about fixing or getting a new TV? fabfiveathome@gmail.com,,, thanks. Frank

Same problem here witb LG 43UH610V

Everything blue spots on white screen

Mine is a similar model (43UH603V-ZE) and just started doing it now... Bought 2 and half years ago! So convenient the warranty already expired...

good luck on collecting on an unenforceable law.

Dennis crane... we collect on this on almost a daily basis on behalf of our customers. 100% success rate.

Ok, every TV made in the last 30 years has some sort of “secret" service menu built in. I'm assuming the color balance of the entire screen has drifted, and the problem is not a bad screen. If there's a bad module or screen, making adjustments will not fix the issue.

So the majority of the LG models are ez to get into service mode. Simply press the “menu" or “ok" buttons on the TV and the remote control at the same time. Some TV models have enter/select/set buttons. Whichever buttons work, after a few seconds the TV will pop up a password entry box. Common LG passwords are 0000, 0413,7777. Enter password, press enter/ok/set button. The correct password will open the service menu.

Be careful in the service menu because changing values of the wrong parameters can disable functions and features of the set. What you are looking for is white balance adjustments.

Don NOT do this, it will not solve your problem and there is a danger that you could damage the TV more than it already is. tvledbars.com sell replacement led bars that are guaranteed to resolve this issue. It is NOT an easy repair however, and should only be undertaken by an experienced engineer. I've dealt with a number of these cases over the years... replacement LED array is the ONLY fix

Can you please give me a link so I can buy the component for this problem please

helen4963 will be eternally grateful.