Front camera not working after screen replacement

I recently changed the screen of my iphone 6 (4.7") and the front camera was not working. When I opened the phone to check if the cable is connected it was. So I tested the camera while the screen was out of the shell body (all the cables were still connected) and the front camera was working just fine. I thought that I had a bad connection and put the screen back on. The camera stopped working again. I did this a few times and the same thing happens.

I have no idea what I am doing wrong, please help me!

New Battery = Faster iPhone
Fix Kits starting at $16.99

Most Helpful Answer

You must have skipped some step, revise all steps from the guide:

iPhone 6 Screen / Glass Replacement

Are you certian that the camera stops working, or is the lense blocked just making everything black on the screen? You might simply have it positioned it in your phone wrong and thats causing it to not get a clear view out of the front of the screen causing the problem you are experiencing. Did your new screen come with those two little plastic brackets for the front facing camera and ambiant light sensor? If not you need to chip them off you old screen and superglue them onto your new one. Just take a pair of tweezers to handle the bracket, put a drop of superglue on a piece of cardboard or something disposable, and lightly dip the bracket into the glue on the side you are gluing down, then quickly get it on your new screen.

Thanks for the reply.

https://youtu.be/6kHpGKY0XFg

Here I recorded a short video of the problem

All the cables look good.

There is likely one of two possible causes for what your describing: either a small tear in the camera flex cable or a grounding issue with new screen. With the screen & camera working while just connected with cables, the camera cable is not bent much, so a small tear may still make a connection. The camera cable is bent backwards with screen installed, so a small tear may separate. Use a magnifying glass to closely inspect the camera cable.

To test for a grounding issue with new screen, test the camera on the "original" cracked screen to see if it works when installed.

Teodor Todorov will be eternally grateful.