Front camera not working after screen replacement

I recently changed the screen of my iphone 6 (4.7") and the front camera was not working. When I opened the phone to check if the cable is connected it was. So I tested the camera while the screen was out of the shell body (all the cables were still connected) and the front camera was working just fine. I thought that I had a bad connection and put the screen back on. The camera stopped working again. I did this a few times and the same thing happens.

I have no idea what I am doing wrong, please help me!

Mac RAM Kits
Speed up your Mac. Max out its memory.
Mac RAM Kits
Get more memory out of your Mac.

There is likely one of two possible causes for what your describing: either a small tear in the camera flex cable or a grounding issue with new screen. With the screen & camera working while just connected with cables, the camera cable is not bent much, so a small tear may still make a connection. The camera cable is bent backwards with screen installed, so a small tear may separate. Use a magnifying glass to closely inspect the camera cable.

To test for a grounding issue with new screen, test the camera on the "original" cracked screen to see if it works when installed.

Most Helpful Answer

You must have skipped some step, revise all steps from the guide:

iPhone 6 Screen / Glass Replacement

Are you certian that the camera stops working, or is the lense blocked just making everything black on the screen? You might simply have it positioned it in your phone wrong and thats causing it to not get a clear view out of the front of the screen causing the problem you are experiencing. Did your new screen come with those two little plastic brackets for the front facing camera and ambiant light sensor? If not you need to chip them off you old screen and superglue them onto your new one. Just take a pair of tweezers to handle the bracket, put a drop of superglue on a piece of cardboard or something disposable, and lightly dip the bracket into the glue on the side you are gluing down, then quickly get it on your new screen.

Thanks for the reply.

https://youtu.be/6kHpGKY0XFg

Here I recorded a short video of the problem

All the cables look good.

I replaced my iPhone 7 Plus screen and now my home button, front camera, and sound doesn’t work why is this

Did you apply any heat around the edge of screen during removal, to loosen the adhesive? Did you disconnect the battery before removing or installing the screen?

I have the exact same issue, and I didnt apply heat to the edges and I did disconnect the battery before replacement. I tried a brand new camera and nothing. Camera doesnt work and i dont hear anything

Magdiel...I mentioned the heat around edge of screen during removal, because it keeps the screen from flexing so much during removal. The Home button can be damaged if the screen is flexed to much. Here's what I suggest to both of you:

1. Make sure that the connector on home button is properly seated to connector on screen, it can be a little difficult to connect. If it is...I suggest you remove home button and camera cable and temporarily put them on old screen, attach to phone and test them. If the home button, camera and sound works properly, then the new screen is bad. The screen has the home button cable built into it that connects to the phone, and could be bad. If home button is good but camera is bad...then you have a issue with the camera cable where it connects to phone.

2. The front camera connector on the phone side, also has sound connections. Check the area around the connector to see if any tiny components are missing, they may have been knocked off when the cable was first removed.

This will help isolate where the problems are.

Sorry, on the front camera...the first thing to check is to see if the cable has been torn anywhere. You must look closely, because even a slight, tiny tear can cause it to not work properly.

Recently I change my IPhone 6s LCD screen and it’s not really responsive and when I play games and typing always glitch. And after all the front camera not function. Please help I have screen LCD screen warranty but I don’t want buy new front camera.

Teodor Todorov will be eternally grateful.