GE Model JVM3670Sk06 has no power? Fuzes not blown?

Hi. I've read posts and watched youtube videos on possible solutions but i'm stumped. I have a GE microwave, model JVM3670SK06 that has no power. The outlet has power 120v (verified on multi meter). I ordered a new control board thinking that might be it but still no power. I checked the 2 fuses (HVT and normal) fuses that are simply cylinder fuses 250v20A. Each of them showed continuity. I checked the 4 thermal fuses in the microwave. All tested "OK" in that 3 of the fuses had continuity and 1 tested "open". I ordered a new replacement fuse but upon arrival, it was "open" as well, which made me realize it's normally an open fuse. I checked the door switches to ensure they were functioning properly, which they were. With door open, 2 switches showed open and 1 showed closed. with the door closed, each showed the opposite. I don't know what is the next step to check? There is no power to the microwave (no lights turn on, no buttons work, no display). Any suggestions?

GIVE TOOLS. FIX FOREVER.

GIVE TOOLS.

FIX FOREVER.

Spread the Fixmas cheer.

GIVE TOOLS. FIX FOREVER.

Spread the Fixmas cheer.

Most Helpful Answer

Hi! I know this sounds silly, but did you check for any cuts or tears in the cable that connects your microwave to the wall outlet? Was the connector or cable over stressed and misshapen? If you decide to check the cable from the inside of the microwave, be careful and be very cautious if there is a large capacitor near by. It can store a lot of charge and be lethal.

Try plugging it into another outlet (test the outlet first with a blender?). You might want to check your circuit breaker (you may find that if you toggle some switches, one switch will actually take less effort to flip, this is because it is blown, but it doesn't set the switch to off when it blows. I have these types so it is really hard to tell if it's a circuit breaker just from looking at it). Trying other outlets is one one to check if it is a breaker issue. I had one outlet in my kitchen with burn marks, that didn't work but the plugin right below it worked fine.

Sounds like the smartboard( noise filter board) might be shot.

Same problem on my GE model PVM9005SJ2SS. No power, fuse good. I did everything you did except check the door switches. I did check the AC cord (with a multi meter) and it was good. Addressing one of the comments above, I disconnected the output of the smartboard (noise filter board) and checked the output there. Since this is the first board where the AC line connects, I gave it a test. Output equaled the input - 124 VAC. So it's something deeper inside. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

chavkev will be eternally grateful.