Released by Samsung in March 2016. Model SM-G930V.

s7 Screen split into half

Hi. I was using my Samsung galaxy s7 today while i was surfing through facebook suddenly half of my screen was stuck. and when i moved back to homescreen it remained there. I restarted and then half of my phone was static with white dots. the other half is working and touch is also working on both sides. I have attached a video with it too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3zcn2nP.... Help will be highly appreciated. Thank You.

try doing this to see if it works. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2tzUkX8...

Hi Daniel, Thanks for your reply but it didn't worked.

iPhone Battery Fix Kits

Only $29.99

iPhone Battery Fix Kits

Only $29.99

Most Helpful Answer

ok try these steps.

Do a simulated battery pull by pressing and holding both power and volume down buttons for at least 10 seconds. Your phone should restart after this. Check if the issue still occurs.

To check if an app you installed is causing the problem start the phone in Safe Mode. If the issue does not occur in this mode then it could be caused by an app you downloaded. Find out what app this is and uninstall it.

Try wiping the cache partition of your phone from the recovery mode.

Backup your phone data then do a factory reset.

Hi Daniel, Thanks for your reply. But i have already tried these steps and it didn't worked out.

I have just tried these steps and they have fixed my screen problem thankyou

While h step worked

Hey I'm having the same issue. Have you found a fix?

I'm getting the same issue. In the middle of a factory reset now.... Will update if anything good comes out of it. At this time, i think its a hardware/LCD issue.... The factory reset is still on going but half of the screen is still static...

Nope. didnt work. Have to call Samsung and hope that they still cover....

I had the same problem. Samsung says ship it in for repair. I don't know the cost yet.

I was told to do the same: press and hold both the power and volume down buttons for at least 10 seconds. It didn't work.

I fixed mine by replacing the motherboard. I think samsung wanted ~$150 to fix mine. I found an broken S7 on ebay for about $25 and just swapped the motherboards.

How dud you go about selcting a phone to use i.e. end number and signal type did you have to go back to carrier to activate it?

Thomas, the carrier antennas are in the motherboard. What I did was swap a Tmobile motherboard with a Sprint motherboard, so my phone is now a Sprint locked phone. If you swapped in an unlocked motherboard, it should act as if it was unlocked. I switched to Sprint with the phone so I had to activate a sim which the phone read just fine, not sure about other carriers though so YMMV. Cheers!

David was the screen half static on your s7 as well ? And wasn't it a display issue?

Muhammad it was mostly static, would have like fuzzy ants during boot, on occasion it would work but only for a few seconds. It was not a screen issue in my case but a motherboard problem. If you have more questions just ask :)

Had the same thing happen a few hours ago. Soft, hard, and safe mode restarts did nothing, nor did a factory reset. I called *Verizon* rather than Samsung, and, so long as there is no water or shock damage when they get the phone back (there isn't...it's never been water damaged and I both haven't dropped it in a while and have an Otterbox to keep it safe when I do), the replacement is free (I've only had it for 9 months). They're sending me the replacement overnight for a small fee (would have been totally free if I was willing to wait a week for the phone) with the assumption it's a free warranty replacement, and a prepaid label to send the old phone back. I'm sure they'll charge a warranty replacement back to Samsung, but if you got your phone through your provider, go through them first!

FYI...

Soft restart = holding down the power key until you get the "power/restart/emergency mode" screen and selecting restart.

Hard restart = holding down the power and down volume key for 10+ seconds until you get a black screen with the option to restart normally, in safe mode, do a factory reset, or power down. Then you select restart normally. This simulates pulling the battery in older phones.

Safe mode = same as hard restart, but select restart in safe mode by using the volume buttons.

Factory reset = same as the above two, but select factory reset, then you fully reset your phone. If half your screen isn't working, this can be tricky. You can get it back up again, but only if you can guess "right" where the keys that let you enter your email/passwords are. I managed to do it, but it wasn't easy!

had the same problem after taking some snaps swimming......the screen have been divided into two of which half is working......I can't also remove the battery......

I am having the same problem......after taking some snaps under the water, the screen have been divided into two of which half is working.......I can't also remove the battery.....everything is together......I am very worried since I got the phone 3 days ago

Farooq Khan will be eternally grateful.