iPod Touch 5th Generation

4 inch display / Available in a variety of colors / Released in 3 different models / 16, 32, or 64 GB capacity

How do I reset my iPod touch to its original factor setting?

My iPod is disabled for literally 5,760,000 minutes. I can't reset it because I can't find any information on how to do it. Please help me with this question.

I cant do that because it wont let me. but thank you.

by Meagan Stone

I have an iPod 5 and I upgraded it to iOS 8.2, and I am having problems. I have tried resetting it, but it is still having issues. How do I fix it to where it is perfectly fine? Please help.

by andreannawaggener2000

Most Helpful Answer

To reset iPod touch, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time until you see the Apple logo show up on the screen

Didn't Work .

by antoinetjoseph123

Here is the Apple way http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1414

Use the following steps to restore your device:

1. Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes installed and running before attempting to update.

2. Connect your device to your computer.

3. Select your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch when it appears in iTunes under Devices.

4. Select the Summary tab.

5. Select the Restore option.

6. When prompted to back up your settings before restoring, select the Back Up option (as seen in the image below). If you have just backed up the device, it is not necessary to create another.

7. Select the Restore option when iTunes prompts you (as long as you've backed up your device, you should not have to worry about restoring your phone).

8. Once the restore process has completed, the device restarts and displays the Apple logo while starting up

9. The final step is to restore your device from a previous backup. Once your device is restored and—in the case of the iPhone—in the process of activating, you should be able to see the following in iTunes:

iTunes window text: "Set up your iPhone... An iPhone has been previously synced with this computer."

Select the backup you want for your device and select the Continue button to complete your device's restoration.

If you do not want to restore from backup, select "Set up as new…" If you want to preserve previous backups that iTunes has made, be sure to back up the appropriate directory before choosing to set up as new.

Or you can just do it this way...of course may be different for your OS.Settings --> General --> Reset --> Erase All Content and Settings

It is quicker and erases ALL content of your iPod. The only problem with that is that it also erases EVERYTHING so after doing that, you have to connect it to iTunes, and install firmware. This could install software that does not allow you to jailbreak it. So you may have to do a shift/restore if you jailbreak and download a firmware version that enables jailbreaking. good Luck and I hope this has helped a little.

Or you could just wait for about 10yrs :-)

Good Luck to you

+ very complete answer

by mayer

I Like your idea, but the thing is that my iPod for a reason dont connect to the device im trying to, i think is because of the charger device, but i dont know, would have any tips?

by tonyag1000

on my ipod 5 all i can get when i turn it on is the news stand i dont even have my settings so how would i reset it then?

how to rest ipod touch 5

Forgot passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled

Learn what to do if you have forgotten your iOS device passcode, or if your device displays a message saying that it's disabled.

If you enter the wrong passcode into an iOS device six times in a row, you'll be locked out. You'll also see a message that says your device is disabled.

iPhone is disabled

iPad is disabled

iPod touch is disabled

Erase and restore

If you can't remember your passcode, you'll need to erase your device, then use a backup to put your data and settings back on your device.

Use these steps if

you've synced your

device with iTunes.

Use these steps if you

have an iCloud account

and have Find My iPhone

turned on. Use recovery mode if you

can't sync or connect with

iTunes and don't have an

iCloud account.

If you've synced your device with iTunes, you can restore your device.

Connect the device to the computer you normally sync with.

Open iTunes. If iTunes asks you to enter your passcode or asks you to allow access, try another computer that you've synced with. Or use recovery mode. (Click the link to be taken to the steps.)

iTunes will automatically sync your device and create a backup. If it doesn't, sync the device with iTunes.

After the sync is complete, restore your device.

When iOS Setup Assistant asks to set up your device, choose "Restore from iTunes backup."

Select your device in iTunes and choose the most recent backup.

Find My iPhone

If you enabled Find My iPhone through iCloud, you can use it to erase your device.

Go to icloud.com/find.

If prompted, sign in with your iCloud Apple ID.

Click All Devices at the top of your browser window.

Select the device you want to erase.

Click "Erase [device]" to erase your device and its passcode.

Use the Setup Assistant on your device to restore the most recent backup.

Recovery mode

If you've never synced your device with iTunes, or haven't set up Find My iPhone, you'll need to put your device in recovery mode. Then you'll restore your device as new or from a backup.

This will erase the device and its passcode.

Disconnect all cables from your device.

Hold down the Sleep/Wake button, then "slide to power off" to turn off your device.

Press and hold the Home button and plug the device into your computer. If your device doesn't turn on automatically, turn it on. Don't release the Home button.

Continue holding the Home button until you see the Connect to iTunes screen.

If iTunes doesn't open automatically, open it. iTunes will alert you that it has detected a device in recovery mode.

Click OK. Then restore the device.

If your device doesn't go into recovery mode, try steps 1–4 again.

my i pod wont even turn on and it says nothing also i even put it in the charger

you can not, because it is not in DFU mode.

Put the iPod into DFU mode, then you get to format the iPhone in iTunes.

""Put the device into DFU mode.""

Hold the Power Button (3 secs)

Continue holding the power button and also hold the home button (15 secs)

Release the power button while continuing to hold the home button (10 secs)

Your device should prompt with the "Connect to iTunes Screen"

Second: Plug it into your computer and open iTunes. It will either prompt to restore and up date or you can manually restore using the following steps.

Now follow the steps in iTunes

I do not have a computer so what else do you have for me.?

by Bri

how can I rest my iPod touch 5th generation because I hate to tap everything twice

How can rest my ipod

Meagan Stone will be eternally grateful.