Released November 4, 2017. Model A1865, A1901. Available as GSM or CDMA / 64 or 256 GB / Silver and Space Gray.

Is it possible replace Face ID parts?

Touch ID does not work when iPhone's home button parts replaced. Face ID parts is same? What do you think of that?

Most Helpful Answer

"The TrueDepth camera system incorporates tamper-detection features. If tampering is detected, the system may be disabled for safety reasons."

https://support.apple.com/en-sg/HT208108

It's official now, Apple acknowledges that the Face ID system is boobytrapped.

Don't know how exactly, however it may be due to security that the data does not get stolen, or safety, that exposed IR beam power stays below regulation limit when the device has been disassembled, or Apple just wants to mess with people.

i would assume the face id is using the front facing camera, so unless the camera has some sort of feature like touch id i would say aslong as its an original apple camera then face id should still work

I would not be too worried. Face ID is not on the screen when disassembled, so I think there will be less of a chance of damaging it.

From what I understand the dot projector is unique to each device.

I have been reading some emails from the Chinese suppliers, that replacing the screen makes Face ID stop working. Even though the camera system is separate from the screen, Apple have made replacing the screen kill Face ID.

woncheol park will be eternally grateful.