Released November 4, 2017. Model A1865, A1901. Available as GSM or CDMA / 64 or 256 GB / Silver or Space Gray. (Pronounced the same as "iPhone 10.")

Is it possible replace Face ID parts?

Touch ID does not work when iPhone's home button parts replaced. Face ID parts is same? What do you think of that?

Android Fix Kits

A new screen or battery is one kit away.

Android Fix Kits

"The TrueDepth camera system incorporates tamper-detection features. If tampering is detected, the system may be disabled for safety reasons."

https://support.apple.com/en-sg/HT208108

It's official now, Apple acknowledges that the Face ID system is boobytrapped.

Don't know how exactly, however it may be due to security that the data does not get stolen, or safety, that exposed IR beam power stays below regulation limit when the device has been disassembled, or Apple just wants to mess with people.

They either mess or they want it that way to look professional

You can only replace the front-facing camera. Here is the iPhone X Face ID tear down and analysis.

i would assume the face id is using the front facing camera, so unless the camera has some sort of feature like touch id i would say aslong as its an original apple camera then face id should still work

I believe face id uses an infrared camera on the left side of the notch. On the right side is the IR spot emitter.

I would not be too worried. Face ID is not on the screen when disassembled, so I think there will be less of a chance of damaging it.

From what I understand the dot projector is unique to each device.

I have been reading some emails from the Chinese suppliers, that replacing the screen makes Face ID stop working. Even though the camera system is separate from the screen, Apple have made replacing the screen kill Face ID.

We have tested that if only replace the OLED screen, the Face ID will still work. (Note: we don't replace any small parts, only replace the display)

Mandy, I just replaced a broken screen with an original screen (pulled from IC locked iPhone X) and face ID stopped working! I have replaced the whole screen assembly. It says Face ID not available, try again later. I installed the original broken screen on that and still does not work! it shows the same message. Any suggestion to fix the problem?

You should back it up and then wipe it back to default. My understanding is that will restore Face ID.

@amirmehdi You should only replace the screen, not the whole screen assembly. We have a video about iPhone X Face ID replace, visit it here:https://youtu.be/PV7JMZzzBOI

My iPhone X face ID is not working after a water damage, phone is working perfectly except FACE ID, apple denied repair. Is there any way we can repair Face ID. I can't replace my mobile by paying $500

I was testing the face id and it doesnt work It says "Face id not available" . I tested with two new phones . It doesnt seen interchangeable.

Note: i forgot to try doing a software restore. I will try and update when i get a chance.

I have done much testing on this manner. there are two pieces to this puzzle that make this an impossible task and a warning for future screen replacements. the two pieces that are matched (excuse my lack of true tech verbiage). the two pieces that are married together are the front camera module and the front ear piece flex from the lcd itself. any change to these two will render the face id useless. not a hard wipe or a complete reinstall of ios will fix this. treat these two pieces as careful as you would an home button on the i6 and up. make a mistake and there is no turning back. on a side note: turns out that every single lcd for iphone 8, 8+, and x has their own SPECIFIC brightness file stored inside the lcd chip itself. change the screen (either using a actual lcd off another device, replacing with oem product or aftermarket lcd and the brightness will always be dimmer. nothing you could do to fix that if you throw away and misplace the original screen that was there in the first place. they do sell machines that can copy the files from the original lcd so it can be transferred to new screen. but I have yet to see them work reliably.

Transfering the LCD Firmware from one screen to another is easy and works all the time "if" the aftermarket new screen has an original flex cable (OEM) QuanLi iCopy and a JC brand can do it from the original screen and without the original screen with software. What you are getting is not the actual brightness feature but instead "True Tone" feature. I have 100% success rate. But if you buy cheap screen replacements then it won't work.

I accidentally ripped a flex on the front camera module. I managed to get the flex unsoldered from the sensor. I plan to order a new front camera module and transfer the flex from it. I don't know if it's been done or attempted, but wish me luck.

With that interface on its flex, i wish you Best of luck....

Isn't possible, once it's been change then automatically the id will be certainly lost

woncheol park will be eternally grateful.