Released November 4, 2017. Model A1865, A1901. Available as GSM or CDMA / 64 or 256 GB / Silver or Space Gray.

Is it possible replace Face ID parts?

Touch ID does not work when iPhone's home button parts replaced. Face ID parts is same? What do you think of that?

New Battery = Faster iPhone
Fix Kits starting at $16.99

Most Helpful Answer

"The TrueDepth camera system incorporates tamper-detection features. If tampering is detected, the system may be disabled for safety reasons."

https://support.apple.com/en-sg/HT208108

It's official now, Apple acknowledges that the Face ID system is boobytrapped.

Don't know how exactly, however it may be due to security that the data does not get stolen, or safety, that exposed IR beam power stays below regulation limit when the device has been disassembled, or Apple just wants to mess with people.

i would assume the face id is using the front facing camera, so unless the camera has some sort of feature like touch id i would say aslong as its an original apple camera then face id should still work

I would not be too worried. Face ID is not on the screen when disassembled, so I think there will be less of a chance of damaging it.

From what I understand the dot projector is unique to each device.

I have been reading some emails from the Chinese suppliers, that replacing the screen makes Face ID stop working. Even though the camera system is separate from the screen, Apple have made replacing the screen kill Face ID.

We have tested that if only replace the OLED screen, the Face ID will still work. (Note: we don't replace any small parts, only replace the display)

Mandy, I just replaced a broken screen with an original screen (pulled from IC locked iPhone X) and face ID stopped working! I have replaced the whole screen assembly. It says Face ID not available, try again later. I installed the original broken screen on that and still does not work! it shows the same message. Any suggestion to fix the problem?

You should back it up and then wipe it back to default. My understanding is that will restore Face ID.

@amirmehdi You should only replace the screen, not the whole screen assembly. We have a video about iPhone X Face ID replace, visit it here:https://youtu.be/PV7JMZzzBOI

woncheol park will be eternally grateful.