New battery causing phone to be slow under 10%

So I recently decided to put a new battery in my IPhone 6s Plus as the old one wasn’t holding charge. I ordered a battery from another source and installed it. However, when my phone would get below 10% battery remaining, it would become very slow. As soon as I would plug it in it would work like normal. I figured this would be from a inferior battery, so I ordered one from iFixit. However, the new battery does the exact same thing. Does anyone know why I’m experiencing this and how to fix it?

GIVE TOOLS. FIX FOREVER.

GIVE TOOLS.

FIX FOREVER.

Spread the Fixmas cheer.

GIVE TOOLS. FIX FOREVER.

Spread the Fixmas cheer.

Most Helpful Answer

Check the Battery settings and see if this applies to you:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205234

No, I’m not turning on low power mode. As soon as my phone gets below 10% battery, it becomes very laggy and unusable until I plug it back in. This didn’t happen with my old battery

I have the same problem as well. Did you find a way to fix it?

Sorry, I never found an answer. Just living with it as it only happens when the battery is low. I'm sure there is an answer out there somewhere but I haven't found it yet.

Same thing happens to me but when I hit 6%

Yes, it is very frustrating as the phone becomes unusable. Hopefully someone will stumble upon an answer.

It started doing it at 35% now ugh

Replace it again, if the problem persists, feel free to tag me in a reply that you have tried the part, because we could possibly be looking at something super fun :)

@toreskey I'm on my third replacement battery! The first two were from different suppliers but the current one is from iFixit, and they all have the same proble for me.

Are you able to get me a very close picture of the battery connector on the logic board of the phone?

Add another of this issue, I only noticed it recently, because I rarely let my battery get under 50%, but somewhere between 10-20% this slow down is kicking in for me with an ifixit supplied battery, not particularly happy.. especially as a month later apple did the cheap battery replacement programme.

When you go below 20% and notice the lag can you try running Lirum Device Info Lite and check if it reports your device as using 100% CPU? That is what mine does but not sure why yet. Mine is an iPhone 6S, iOS 12.1, battery from ebay with apple logo covered with marker pen.

at %50 my CPU is %100. When I connect to power source CPU goes down to %20-25. IOS 12.1, 6s+, OEM battery (it does not show battery info in setting)

Lucas Idstrom will be eternally grateful.