New battery causing phone to be slow under 10%

So I recently decided to put a new battery in my IPhone 6s Plus as the old one wasn’t holding charge. I ordered a battery from another source and installed it. However, when my phone would get below 10% battery remaining, it would become very slow. As soon as I would plug it in it would work like normal. I figured this would be from a inferior battery, so I ordered one from iFixit. However, the new battery does the exact same thing. Does anyone know why I’m experiencing this and how to fix it?

Most Helpful Answer

Check the Battery settings and see if this applies to you:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205234

No, I’m not turning on low power mode. As soon as my phone gets below 10% battery, it becomes very laggy and unusable until I plug it back in. This didn’t happen with my old battery

I have the same problem as well. Did you find a way to fix it?

Sorry, I never found an answer. Just living with it as it only happens when the battery is low. I'm sure there is an answer out there somewhere but I haven't found it yet.

Same thing happens to me but when I hit 6%

Yes, it is very frustrating as the phone becomes unusable. Hopefully someone will stumble upon an answer.

It started doing it at 35% now ugh

Replace it again, if the problem persists, feel free to tag me in a reply that you have tried the part, because we could possibly be looking at something super fun :)

@toreskey I'm on my third replacement battery! The first two were from different suppliers but the current one is from iFixit, and they all have the same proble for me.

Are you able to get me a very close picture of the battery connector on the logic board of the phone?

Lucas Idstrom will be eternally grateful.