Replace iPhone 5S Home button with touch ID still working?

Hi, so i was talking with my friend and he said that he started replacing screens on phones. he told me that he replaced the screen on an iPhone 5S and i said that touch ID will NEVER work again as he purchased a replace screen with all pieces. This included a new home button and touch ID. He said that touch ID worked after the replacement and i said BS. He has not shown me any proof of it nor the phone so i have no idea but it is not suppost to work if the home button is not original to the phone. Any thoughts on this?

New Battery = Faster iPhone
Fix Kits starting at $16.99

The Home Button is paired to the logic board so if you replace a screen, you MUST migrate the original home button to the new screen. Generic, replacement home buttons do not have the sensor and even if you put an original home button from a different device, it will not allow Touch ID functions.

Only Apple can install a new button and pair it to the logic board.

he had to have moved the home button and just forgot or something. I don't know what to say if he replaced the home button and it still worked. How does apple program a new home button to the phone?

Dudefoxlive will be eternally grateful.