Skip to main content

Replacing "rubber cup" of a key on MacBook Pro 2016

So I got a double click problem and had to replace the "rubber part", which is under the hinge:

It seems like it won't hold in place anymore so the key does not work properly. Should it be glued? Did anybody tried to replace it?

Answer this question I have this problem too

Is this a good question?

Score 4


@mayer just went to upvote your answer and it said it was deleted :(


I deleted it, it belonged to another question


Add a comment

1 Answer

Most Helpful Answer

So I had to glue it for it to hold, but the butterfly part which I ordered was from 2017 model (mine is 2016) so the key was lower and didn't work properly in the corners. But it solved my double click problem and I been happy with it for a while.

Later I got same double click on another key and had to replace my keyboard under the warranty. I got new 2017 keyboard model and new battery as a nice bonus. 2017 model is much better so I would highly recommend anybody with such issue to replace the whole keyboard.

Was this answer helpful?

Score 1


What kind of glue did you use?


Regular super glue. Key worked but the replacement was from 2017 model and it didn't fit properly on my 2016 so it was a bit lower than others. After a while I got double click problem on ANOTHER key so I went for a replacement keyboard under a warranty. Got 2017 model – no problems so far.


i got the same problem on my "D" and "L" keys, so i contacted to Apple for support but they said that isn't their problem (&&^& them) so could you explain me how did you glue it? or well what kind of glue did you use ?


Add a comment

Add your answer

Dmitry Sadovnychyi will be eternally grateful.
View Statistics:

Past 24 Hours: 0

Past 7 Days: 5

Past 30 Days: 17

All Time: 2,394