General Motors' GMT400 platform.

My spark plugs are wet with gas

My truck would not start this morning. It will turn over and act like its gonna crank but it doesn't. This has happened before and I took out the spark plugs and cleaned and dried them out. The truck ran for another week or so then the same problem again.

What size engine do you have? What exact year is it and is there anything else that is abnormal? Any service codes i.e.check engine light etc?

I have a 1995 Chevy Tahoe nothing ever wrong with that every now and then when I leave it run the check engine light comes on but it goes right back off when you check the code it says nothing why it died on me in the middle of driving it acts like it wants to crank but does not pull the spark plugs out tested the fuel pump tested the fuel pressure check the distributor and the relays everything's good put new spark plugs in it still will not crank

97chevelet truck we have put new fuel pump,coilbox and the dashboard light keep blowing when you hit a bump

Examining the tips of the spark plugs as they are removed can reveal a great deal about the health and performance of an engine. The appearance and color of the deposits can reveal other problems that may need fixing:

Normal deposits Light brown or tan colored.

Fuel fouled spark plug Black fluffy carbon deposits indicate an overly rich fuel mixture or possibly a weak spark. Check for such things as a stuck choke, a heavy or misadjusted carburetor float, a leaky needle valve in the carburetor, leaky injectors, low coil output or high resistance in the plug wires.

Wet spark plug A wet spark plug means the plug has not been firing. If not due to engine flooding, the problem may be a bad ignition cable (excessive resistance, shorted or arcing). But wet fouling can also be caused by dirt or moisture on the outside of the plug that provides a conductive path to ground, or by an internal crack in the ceramic insulator that shorts the plug to ground.

Oil fouled spark plug Heavy black deposits with an oily appearance. These are the result of oil entering in the combustion chamber, probably past worn valve guides, guide seals or rings. Switching to a hotter plug may help prolong plug life somewhat, but no spark plug will survive long under such conditions. The only permanent cure to this condition is to fix the oil consumption problem.

Thank you, I will have my mechanic check those things

When you have a wet spark plugs you can have a blown head gasket I found this out from a video on YouTube and it was the head gasket the radiator fluid is slightly seeping into the engine oil that's why the car is not overheating you can fix this problem with Blue Devil head gasket sealer just read the directions and that's the reason why you're getting white smoke from the exhaust and that's the reason why your spark plugs are wet a crack in the head gasket causes these problems also

That's how you get antifreeze in your engine oil and white smoke comes out the tailpipe if the head gasket was all the way broke and your car will overheat the reason is not because it's just a crack I also had the same problem in my 2003 9-5 Saab linear and Blue Devil head gasket sealer cure the problem after you fix the problem change the oil and then put oil treatment in bestline full synthetic oil treatment it doesn't matter if your car is not running on synthetic oil is compatible with all types of oil look up Blue Devil gasket sealer also look up bestline oil treatment and these products are guaranteed to work if you could do the directions the way they say Blue Devils guaranteed to work and bestline stops friction and stop your engine from knocking you can't go wrong with these two products if you do it right

Nakeia Moss, this could be almost anything and will be hard to diagnose from here. It could be your Air Charge Temp Sensor or the Coolant Temp Sensor as well as the Mass Air Flow Meter and of course your caps and rotor. I would probably go to a place that can run a diagnostic. they usually charge a flat fee and after that you do know (with a certain degree of accuracy ) what needs to be fixed. at least you can safe the labor cost, depending where you are located. Hope this helps. Good Luck to you.

I got a Jetta 4 1.6 2005 yr model and spark plug no 4 getting wet oil or fuel what is the problem

Thank Man,very helpful

I ve got Hyundai accent....my plugs a getting wet with petrol only two plugs so I want to know what must I do

Nakeia Moss will be eternally grateful.