Google's 2nd-generation Pixel XL sports a 6-inch P-OLED display with rounded corners. Available in 64 and 128 GB storage configurations, and in two colors: Just Black and Black & White. Released October 19, 2017.

Glass only replacement for Pixel 2 XL?

I just cracked my Pixel 2 XL, having it for just 4 days. No one can fix it right now...

In your teardown, can only glass be replaced? The LCD seems to be working as it responds well to my finger. Is the glass glued to the LCD assembly?

i have the same issue. I got my glass repalced from Cityphones in Melbourne Australia.

https://www.cityphones.com.au/google-pix...

New Battery = Faster iPhone
Fix Kits starting at $16.99

Parts should be available soon. UbreakiFix currently has the parts in stock and can repair it.

The same exact thing happened to me the screen cracked just below the mic on the bevelled part after owning the phone for 5 days...and it had never been dropped or knocked ever!!!

Yes, UbreakIFix fixed it last week. They did a great job. Even though I paid the repair out of my pocket, UBreakIFix would not give me back my damaged screen citing a Google policy of keeping the broken screen. Kinda bummed out about this because i was hoping to study the screen further.

In Oregon I believe that’s illegal. A repair center has to give the parts back if requested.

How much did you pay for the repair if you don't mind me asking?

I paid $219.

How long did it take them to do it? I am going to have to do the same with mine.

Took them one hour.

Try these guys, they are official repair centers for these Pixel 2 phones:

https://www.xda-developers.com/google-pa...

Good luck.

If the LCD display on the Pixel 2 is anything like the one on the Pixel, then it will be almost impossible the glass from the lcd screen. The LCD screen on the Pixel is paper thin. So, unless you have 1000s of $ of equipment and extensive practice, the screen is almost impossible to separate without breaking the lcd screen.

loc108 will be eternally grateful.