An external optical drive by Apple, essentially a rebranding of the MacBook Air SuperDrive.

cannot see the usb superdrive anywhere

I am brand spanky new to mac and cannot see the usb superdrive anywhere and also have a dvd stuck. Sorry for sounding so ignorant but I'm not used to my macair. where do i find terminal so I can type in the what everyone is saying worked for them, and sorry for asking but what is a trackpad... thank you all for being patient with me. Suzanne

Will someone, please provide answers to the above question. Thank you.

I went ahead and switched this to its own question as you may need special attention.

First of all do you have an external USB Superdrive attached to your MacBook Air that does not have an internal drive.

Next if you do have, have you go under the Finder from the desktop and check the box so you can see external drives on the desktop. If you have just now done that and there is a disk in the drive, drag it to the trash.

Another way to eject it is to start up hold down the trackpad and it should eject.

Ehe Terminal app is in Applications > Utilities > Terminal

Suzanne Washburn will be eternally grateful.