Repair and disassembly guides for food cooling appliances including refrigerators, freezers and fridge-freezers.

How to take off cover plate on ice dispenser front door

I need to replace the plastic ice guide that is an outside part of the ice dispenser on the front door on my Whirlpool refrigerator ED5NTQXKT00.

I need to know how to remove the front cover (without breaking it) to access the ice guide.

Does it pop off or slide up,down, sideways?

MY INDOOR DISPENSER HAS STOPPED WORKING HOW CAN I REPLACE OR REPAIR IT. Dhdh@421.aol.com 904-554-0787

Most Helpful Answer

Jacob, check on here and see if this looks familiar :) good luck with your ice....http://www.applianceaid.com/ken_whirl_di...

+ nice research

ditto from me

Run a flat blade screwdriver along the bottom edge to find each of 2 recessed areas to slip the blade into where you can twist and pry. They're each about 1.5 inches from the left and right edges. Once you have it free then pull out and up at the bottom to clear the face panel from the upper lip. There is no need to pull out anywhere but the bottom once it snaps free after using a screwdriver as a pry tool. The wiring connector has a tab that you need to get a fingernail under. The tab might be on the side hidden from view until you twist the harness to see it if necessary. Pull apart the electrical harness connector once the tab is free. The face panel can then be set aside.

John, I have a similar problem with my Whirlpool Gold Conquest (GD5RVAXVY00) side-by-side and I am trying to replace the Ice Dispenser door flap. I have inserted a screw driver below the panel's bevel and popped the bottom two clasps as suggested, but the display panel does not slide up or off.

Am I missing a step? I don't want to force it an possibly break something requiring a new panel. So my question is once you pop the bottom two clasps, what is still holding the panel in place ?

Did you get an answer? I have the same problem.

I couldn't figure out how to get the housing off so I could repair the trap door for the ice dispenser. This was a big help to me... Thank you.

I'm trying to replace the hose for the water dispenser.

Jacob will be eternally grateful.