Repair guides for a large selection of Panasonic digital cameras.

How to replace lumix DMC-G5 battry door?

On my lumix DMC-G5 the battery door is broken.

how do i replace the battery door by myself?

Thanks.

Here's a black replacement part.

Here's the best I found so far on the actual replacement: Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Troubleshooting

Do keep in mind that if it's a small part that broke and you (ideally but not necessarily) have all the pieces, you can use plastic welding techniques as well as liquid plastic welding products to repair the part it self. See the last 2-3 paragraphs of this for more information: Which glue will work best to repair plastic dome lid locking part?.

Good luck!

Edit: I forgot to add, if you do end up replacing the part, would you consider documenting the process and adding it as a guide? https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/new/Device/...

Thanks. i olredy have a new door. how do i remove the old one? i whant to replce the broken door, not to fix it.

@avnyhill you remove the rear case to get access to the battery door. Then remove the door shaft that holds the spring in place. Check for the orientation of the spring. Like @alphapeaches already mentioned take pictures for a guide and for your own record. You can now remove the door. I attached the disassembly part of the SM for you. It will show you the total disassembly but you can of course skip most of those steps.DMC-G5-Disassembly.pdf

avny will be eternally grateful.