Xiaomi Mi Mix wont power on

My Xiaomi Mi Mix showed low battery sign so I plugged it in to charge. The phone immediately went off. I pressed the power button to restart it, it showed the Xiaomi logo then immediately went off and since then (this was 2 days ago) it has not powered on.

Kindly note the following:

1. It didnt have water spilled on it

2. It didnt fall or have any mechanical damage

The only thing was, the battery was low, I plugged it in to charge and it went off and never came on again. I have used the same charger to charge other phones so I doubt if the charger is the source of the problem.

Kindly help, what is wrong with the phone?

thanks

Please help me. Still stuck on this issue

I was told on xda that it could be the charger fried some circuits or so. How can I verify if this is true and convert the phone to a paper weight?

Please help. Still on this issue

Hi @pystar ,

How long have you left the charger connected?

If only for a short while, give it up to at least 4 hours and see if charging has recommenced. Sometimes it takes a little while for the battery to recommence charging especially from a very low charge state.

If the phone does start to recharge allow it to fully charge before attempting to turn on the phone.

@jayeff the only fear I have is that maybe the former charger I used spoilt something inside the phone. I pray and hope not because I dont know why something in the phone could fry just by plugging in a charger I have been using for a while now.

How would I know if that is the case?

Good News!!!!

I left the phone for 12 days without attempting any self repairs or trying to charge it.

I then plugged it in today with the same charger I have always been using.

viola!!! It showed a blinking red light, I left it to stew for 2 hours+ then the red light became stable and the phone powered on.

Thanks alot @jayeff for your words of encouragement. Happy to announce that my phone is back on.

Hi @pystar ,

Glad that you got it going.

Perhaps it may be prudent in the future not to allow the battery level to fall so low before charging. It may save a lot of worry

Good Luck

Thanks alot @jayeff. I will take heed to your advice

pystar will be eternally grateful.