Apple's third-generation smartwatch, with optional cellular connectivity, released September 22, 2017.

Screen Broke - Can you get replacements yet?

We recently bought my son an apple 3 series watch (GPS only). Unfortunately, he fell off his scooter and bumped the watch resulting in the screen breaking. The display still works, but just need screen replaced. Is it possible to order screen and repair oneself?

People from Ifixit, the complete screen from serie 3 is same as serie 2? Need to replace any ic or flex from the cracked lcd to the new one? thanks

The Series 2 Display will work on Series 3. However there is a sensor (ambient light I think?) that gets very hot. I think if you transplant the sensor from the broken Series 3 Display onto the replacement Series 2 that should do it.

I've seen some references to there being an antenna integrated into the Series 3 Displays? But I haven't seen anything that looks like an RF connection to the Series 3 Displays so I think that's probably incorrect.

New Battery = Faster iPhone
Fix Kits starting at $16.99

Most Helpful Answer

The answer is yes, it is possible. The catch is that iFixit doesn't have parts on the shelf or guides up just yet, but I'd be willing to bet that there's an empty box on the shelf waiting to be filled. Keep checking back at this page for updates:

https://www.ifixit.com/Store/Parts/Apple....

The confirmation is in the teardown:

"Screen replacements are difficult but do-able—it's the first thing to come off, and detaches via simple ZIF connectors."

If you just can't wait to have a shiny new screen, here's the Apple page.

You got this!

Wesley Hurrell will be eternally grateful.