The April 2014 update of Apple's 13" MacBook Air features refreshed dual-core i5 and i7 processors, plus slightly increased battery performance.

How do I get rid of the vertical lines on my screen?

I've had this computer for over three years now and I've never had any issues. For the last week a section of my screen was flickering- if I moved or adjusted the screen it went away. However 2 days ago the lines appeared and they will not go away no matter what I do.

I moved my screen in a way it apparently didn't want to move today and the lines turned black and white. After pressing on the black section that conects the laptop the coloured lines replaced the white section. This is what my screen currently looks like.

I'm taking it into an Apple Store tomorrow but I'm a poor uni student so Im open to any suggestions any of you may have!!

Mac RAM Kits
Speed up your Mac. Max out its memory.
Mac RAM Kits
Get more memory out of your Mac.

MacBook suddenly has inverted/flickering vertical strip on the screen references an older model but it sounds like a very similar problem. One solution says to try replacing a cable, but he tried that and it didn't work, so he ended up replacing the screen. There's a link to parts in the guide if you do end up using it.

Good luck!

To verify things I would recommend plugging in an external display to be sure. The external should have a good image.

Most likely the screen is damaged here, often a good bang our something heavy was placed on the system. Even a pencil or pen on the keyboard and the display closed forcefully can damage it. Time for a new screen ;-{

I wanted a step to step guide of getting rid of the verticlines on my macbok air

Elise will be eternally grateful.