Boot loop when battery is empty

Hi everyone,

Since few days and after upgrading to iOS 11, when my battery fall empty, I don't have the black screen with the empty battery flickering.

Instead if I Press the button to power on my iPhone, it try to start (Apple Logo) instanly.

Of course the startup fail and the screen goes black for 2 secondes, and then , the phone try to startup again…

If I plug the charger, the same behavior happen and also the iphone fail to start for 10 - 15 minutes.

When the iPhone start successfully, the battery is charging normally.

I don't have any issue with the autonomy of my phone and the battery was changed 3 month ago (ifixit battery).

However, when the battery is almost empty, the iPhone (sometimes) shutsdown at 5 or 10 % of battery left.

I've already done a DFU restore, checked the battery connection (unplug and replug) and tested the iOS 11.1 beta.

I was wondering if it was possible that my battery could be deffective before ordering a newone for test.

Thanks for your feedbacks

sorry for my English, I'm not fluently English speaking ;)

okay… I just downgraded to iOS 10.3.3 and now, I have the "empty battery" logo and the iPhone charge to 5% before starting.

The strange thing, it's I didn't see anyone with this particular issue so far :(

Most Helpful Answer

I've seen this problem.

The calibration for the battery is incorrect.

Let it bootloop until it won't turn on again.

Then plug in the charger.

If you plug in the charger and it immediately turns on immediately again, then immediately unplug the charger and let it go until it cannot turn on again.

Repeat until it does not immediately come on if you plug in the charger.

Let it charge until full at this state.

there have been some problems with this bootloop thing since ios 11. i just watched a video of a tech guy that fixes logicboards and he got sent 5 or 6 phones the last weeks that were having the same problem. with the orginal or a replacement battery. seems to be something that is related to ios 11.

benoittrigaux will be eternally grateful.