iPhone 6 screen dim and dark

My Iphone has a dark screen. I have tried to adjust the brightness, but it is stil the same.

Is is the Ambient light sensor defect or is it a defect LCD cable? I have also followed a guide of how to fic dim screen without open the Iphone, but it did not work. So it has to be a defect part, but I dont know which part.

Can you explain a little more about your issue? When was it working last? What happened when it stopped working properly? Does Itunes recognize it? Can you still use it and it's just a dim screen with some backlight or do you need to put a flashlight to it to see the screen? Just a bit more history to make a proper suggestion on what you may be facing.

I bought it used. I dont know the history of the phone.

But everything works perfect, ecxept from the brightness.

Do you see the screen even though dim without having to flash a light on it?

Yes, the brightness is at its lowest.

could either be the screen or a bad component on the backlight circuit, possibly a coil

What is balcklight circuit, and where in the phone is it placed?

theres a few videos on youtube that could help you like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZE6R17n...

Thanks for the help

Most Helpful Answer

@djdannyrock is most likely correct then. If you have "Some" backlight, it is probably the coil as shown in pic. But if you are needing to flash a light on the screen to see anything, then I would start by checking continuity on the Filter first. If there isn't continuity, it needs changed. If there is continuity, check the caps shown in red (3 in a row) if good, then purchase the Backlight repair kit and change the IC, Diode, Coil and Filter all at once. IC and diode are also pictured with red.

So what do I do?

@wangton1 , If you don't have the experience or the tools for this repair, you have a couple options. 1. You can Google reputable local repair shops to find out what they charge and ask questions about the repair. Do they charge if they don't repair it? Do they have a warranty on their repairs, etc... 2. You can look here on Ifixit through the Pros and find one that does this repair through mail in service. Asking them the same type of questions. Most reputable shops do not charge if they don't repair it and offer a warranty on their repairs. The key is to shop around... From experience, I have seen ads from $50 up to $200 for the same service... just don't want to send it off to the first ad you find and end up regretting your decision :)

Thanks for the help :)

Anytime :) Best of luck!

Anton will be eternally grateful.