A portable Bluetooth speaker manufactured by Ultimate Ears.

It will not charge?

Whenever I plug the power adapter into it and I charged it for over two nights and I go to turn it on it says critical battery please charge, then shuts off

Thanks. I will give it a try.

Do like i did, get mad, throw it at the couch, curse at it ,grab it then choke it, tell it sorry, plug it in and there it goes still not charging ,please help ,this thing isnt helping me with my anger management classes

Most Helpful Answer

Is the charging LED lit when you plug in the charger? It should be blinking. If not the USB port may need replacing.

It rapidly blinks, unfortently

That sounds like a dead battery.

When you say dead battery, does that mean it will no longer accept a charge?

Mine was sitting in the closet for months and I charged it overnight, light was blinking, it says it's charging when I try to turn it on but he no charge the next morning.

Courtney, Yes if the White LED just above the USB port is blinking. If the LED is not lighting up then the charger, cable or the USB port its self have failed so the unit is unable to be charged. If the LED is blinking and never gets to a steady state then the battery has failed (this is when the onboard voice will tell you: "critical battery please charge" and the On/Off LED will be Red.

Mine just says"recharge battery" but won't take a charge. I play it often. I leave the charger in when I'm playing but it still looses it"s power.

Purchased one 2 days ago that was on 28/12 /2017...needed recharging the next day.. charged it overnight, next morning saying battery critical again! So problem solve with YES you guessed it utube.. watched several & after doing everything but put it in the fridge like one guy suggested

The charging led on mine only flashes when the battery is removed.

Speaker works normally with no battery fitted, but does not switch on with battery in.

Shows 40% charge with or without battery.

does it mean you have to replace the battery?

Unplug the charger and put it back in then wait 40 min then test it

If you are plugging in your megaboom to power and no light flashes, and no charge is kept, you have to do a really weird thing. Sit there for like 10 minutes and just plug in and unplug the power mini-usb. Seriously, just sit there and plug it in, and pull it out. Do it for 5-10 mins and then plug it in and leave it, the light should pulse and it should charge.

OK. Here goes! Thanks.

Ryan Morazes will be eternally grateful.