Why is my water only getting to 102 degrees F

Recently replaced the clearly bad heating element in the dishwasher (had a callous looking thing on it and broke right in half when we pulled it out), and then ran a multimeter on the new one (got good continuity) and put the new one in. Still coldish water (do NOT heat up my water in the sink first). Still cool water in the tub. Checked the high limit thermostat and it too seemed to work fine (at least had continuity). But the water goes in at 80 degrees and heats to 102 (I'm pretty sure that's the faucet doing that), but never above that. Have stuck my thermometer in the water in the bottom of the tub to ensure that its mostly covered with water all the time.

Should I check the actual readings from these 2 things??? if so, what should they be.

what is this thing circled in Red in this picture? I'm thinking both of the parts I've mentioned are ok, but there is something else that tells the dishwasher what temp the water is, that isn't properly sending a signal?

See my previous answer on this problem: Why is the water not heating up during the washing cycle

So is the thermostat different than the high limit thermostat I've seen mentioned other places? I've tested the high limit one, and it had continuity (signal when using the multimeter), but did not know what reading it should have in ohms. I do believe, if I remember correctly, it was .1 ohms sitting on my counter. Is this part bad too?

Leslie, that I do not know, maybe @ladytech might

Leslie Stouffer will be eternally grateful.