Model Number A1707. Released June 2017, this MacBook Pro features Kaby Lake processors up to the 2.8 GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor with Turbo Boost up to 3.8 GHz.

Cost of fixing the touchbar

There is a crack on the touchbar of my macbook pro 15 inch. The touch is partially functional until the crack. Would like to know the price for repair and IF apple care will cover it.

Free shipping on all orders over $100 or containing a Pro Tech Toolkit!

Browse Our Store

Most Helpful Answer

That is not going to be cheap, you basically have to replace the whole main case, with keyboard, battery and perhaps the trackpad.

My keyboard was jam by something, the Apple Store change the whole top case(include Keyboard, Touch Bar, Touch Pad, Top Metal case and battery). It cost me $575.13 in Seoul, Korea.

Wow! Really makes you wish that was a more repairable part.

My laptop, which is same as yours, was soaked and the touch bar was damaged too. I went to the apple store and was told that if I want to fix the touch bar, I have to change the whole keyboard.....

My touchbar's cover SOMEHOW popped up and it stopped showing the icons. Took it to the apple store and got told that it costs $750 ($100 labor included) to fix it.

Nihal Wats will be eternally grateful.