The Asus X555L is a low budget laptop that came out in May of 2015. The model depicted in these guides is X555LA-SI305041, an Intel Core i3 laptop designed to be affordable for consumers. Similar model numbers: X555LB, X555LD, X555LF, X555LI, X555LJ, X555LN, and X555LP

Flickering when running on battery at about 65pct

My laptop screen starts to flicker when I run on battery at about 65 pct or less. But if I plug it in to ac it works fine. I have updated all drivers and it still happens. Can anyone help?

I had the same. Spent all kinds of time searching. Do this. Make sure to plug your machine into another monitor. You'll probably find monitor is fine. You will need to change screen. Check harnesses also.

It ended up being the screen that needed to be replaced!

Did your screen replacement fully work? I am fixing my grandmothers X555LA and I just swapped the battery, and it is still flickering. Where did you get your screen? Was it the inverter? So many people complain about this model number, and this specific screen flickering issue.

Most Helpful Answer

Hi!

Could it be that your Windows 10 (presumably) laptop is entering power-saving mode automatically and lowers the refresh rate of the LCD to save power? Check your settings and report back. Enter the Intel HD Graphics Control panel and go to the Display section, then select the appropriate refresh rate. (Your screen need to already be in that flickering state.)

I am certain on x555 series Asus laptops it is a problem with power delivery to screen backlight on battery mode. I think backlight gets power directly from battery, which means it highly depends on battery capabilities and health, the more older the battery the worse situation is. I think the best solution would be battery replacement or if you good with electronics you could add a power boost circuit which gets power from bettery directly and provides accurite required power to display backlight.

A Power boost circuit? really dude? if you don't know don't make stuff up. it was a faulty screen for me the end.

Weak battery, back light will begin to fail. The X555LA models were known for this after about 2 years of use. Change screen out if you want to, however this will return in a couple of years.

Just change battery every 3 to 4 for years, they do go bad under heavy use.

Use the power settings to conserve battery and screen.

Hope this helps.

Bonjour

Depuis que j'ai changé ma batterie le phénomène de clignotement est un peu moins présent. Lors de mes recherches j'ai vu sur un site un tuto d'un possesseur de portable Asus qui avait le même problème que nous et qui avait résolu son problème en ouvrant le pc portable et en déplaçant le câble de liaison entre la carte mère et l’écran (peut être un composant perturbateur à proximité ou un fil abîmé). Je viens de commander un écran. Je le remplace des réception.

Cordialement

Wendy will be eternally grateful.