The Asus X555LA is a low budget laptop that came out in May of 2015. This Intel Core i3 laptop was designed to be affordable for consumers.

Flickering when running on battery at about 65pct

My laptop screen starts to flicker when I run on battery at about 65 pct or less. But if I plug it in to ac it works fine. I have updated all drivers and it still happens. Can anyone help?

I had the same. Spent all kinds of time searching. Do this. Make sure to plug your machine into another monitor. You'll probably find monitor is fine. You will need to change screen. Check harnesses also.

It ended up being the screen that needed to be replaced!

Did your screen replacement fully work? I am fixing my grandmothers X555LA and I just swapped the battery, and it is still flickering. Where did you get your screen? Was it the inverter? So many people complain about this model number, and this specific screen flickering issue.

Hi!

Could it be that your Windows 10 (presumably) laptop is entering power-saving mode automatically and lowers the refresh rate of the LCD to save power? Check your settings and report back. Enter the Intel HD Graphics Control panel and go to the Display section, then select the appropriate refresh rate. (Your screen need to already be in that flickering state.)

I am certain on x555 series Asus laptops it is a problem with power delivery to screen backlight on battery mode. I think backlight gets power directly from battery, which means it highly depends on battery capabilities and health, the more older the battery the worse situation is. I think the best solution would be battery replacement or if you good with electronics you could add a power boost circuit which gets power from bettery directly and provides accurite required power to display backlight.

A Power boost circuit? really dude? if you don't know don't make stuff up. it was a faulty screen for me the end.

Wendy will be eternally grateful.