The Xbox One S, designed by Microsoft Corporation, was released on August 2016. The Xbox One S is a redesign of the Xbox One.

Console will beep, turn on for a second then immediately shuts off.

An Xbox One S that I got doesn't seem to be working right. First my friend handed it to me because he couldn't eject the disc; i used the paperclip to manually eject it. Then he comes back to me a week later and now the console wont even turn on. I plugged it in properly but when i press the power button it will light up with the usual beep but then immediately shut off. Anyone have an idea what I can do? Would this be a power brick issue or something else?

Hi!

It might be a display issue. Check your HDMI connection. Try switching cables or ports on your TV. If the Xbox light is on in the front of the console, it won't start up unless it detects a working display.

If that does not work, try to press and hold the power touchplate/button to turn it on for at least 5 seconds. This will not actually turn it on, as it already is on and completely unresponsive. What this will do is do a hard reset instead.

cables are fine. They work with my personal xbox, as for the hard reset it did nothing. Issue still persists

DId anyone find a solution to this :(

Hi yeah both of them didnt work I tried the hdmi cables and the hold for 5 seconds hard reset that didnt work either

Was there an update to this? My Xbox One S just started doing this today. it's only a few months old !!!!

Mine started to do the same I've had it since November of last year.

I had a guy bring one into the shop the other day with this same problem. I wound up having to replace the Power Eject board as well as the connector on the motherboard. Looked like he'd gotten it wet. Do you know if your buddy got his wet too?

Aj can I bring my Xbox to you. It did get wet and sounds like it needs the same repair

Absolutely, if you don't live close by I do like ubreakfix and you can mail it in for repairs also. Feel free to contact me at loadinggamerepairs@gmail.com

how do you know the switch is bad I cant be just throwing parts at this thing.

Aj, how much do you charge to fix it? My husband's just started doing this today.

How much did it cost?

Try using a hair dryer on the top vent for a bit and then turn it on. They use the hotest setting but don’t melt the plastic. Will try to link the thread next time. Didn't think to save the link.

Have you succeed fixing it? I am having exactly the same problem.

My Xbox One S Has A Fan With Dust I Tried To Clean

This worked for me after around 4 times of starting up the Xbox and continuing to hair dry the Xbox

hair dryer does work but what your doing is there is a chip that is most likely not making a good connection and the heat from the hair dryer is probably just heating the solder balls so that chip can slowly lay down. haven’t a idea which chip to point out for ya yet.

Smashing the eject CD button works for me after like 10 mins

I have the same issue but mine has the shut down beep also. I have found a voltage beside the southbridge on the test solder point where a 3.2Vdc pulses to 2.4vdc on standby and when you start up it drops to zero and pulses to 2.4 then shuts down. I can’t find where the voltage is coming from. Unsure if it’s directly from south bridge or if It may be another component that is making it do this. I’ve tested all round but can’t find it. Any help would be much appreciated

I had this problem a while ago (maybe 6 months), so I just accepted that my xbox was dead. I turned it on a couple weeks ago and it worked! Since then I've been playing consistently, and just this morning the problem came back. Hoping a easier solution is here, otherwise, it's going to be a while till I play

Desmond Waters will be eternally grateful.