The Xbox One S, designed by Microsoft Corporation, was released on August 2016. The Xbox One S is a redesign of the Xbox One.

Console will beep, turn on for a second then immediately shuts off.

An Xbox One S that I got doesn't seem to be working right. First my friend handed it to me because he couldn't eject the disc; i used the paperclip to manually eject it. Then he comes back to me a week later and now the console wont even turn on. I plugged it in properly but when i press the power button it will light up with the usual beep but then immediately shut off. Anyone have an idea what I can do? Would this be a power brick issue or something else?

MacBook Battery Fix Kits
Fix Kits Starting at $69.99
MacBook Battery Fix Kits
Starting at $69.99

Hi!

It might be a display issue. Check your HDMI connection. Try switching cables or ports on your TV. If the Xbox light is on in the front of the console, it won't start up unless it detects a working display.

If that does not work, try to press and hold the power touchplate/button to turn it on for at least 5 seconds. This will not actually turn it on, as it already is on and completely unresponsive. What this will do is do a hard reset instead.

cables are fine. They work with my personal xbox, as for the hard reset it did nothing. Issue still persists

Desmond Waters will be eternally grateful.