Can I change white lcd to a black one on iPhone 5s?

I recently changed my white iphone 5s lcd screen to a black and and now the whole left side of my screen is black, it works but it is black

Perhaps your battery has moved under or get bigger due to watter dommage or repair. So it push the back of the screen. If not, screen is probably faulty or connector/chip is damaged.

The LCD/Front Glass is mounted on a plastic frame. Take a look at this teardown for reference. It is for the iPhone 6S but generally applies to all iPhone screens.

What that means is that the color of the front frame and glass are totally irrelevant electrically speaking. The phone does not know the difference between a Black or White replacement screen. You can install whatever you please.

As for the specific display issue you show in the picture, this is caused by a defective replacement screen.

If you found this answer helpful, please select "Was this answer helpful? - YES" and/or if this answer solved your problem, please “Choose as Solution”. This allows people in the future to understand which answers helped solve the problem and adds value to the site. - Thanks

I just added a photo

Hello Sadik. I have edited my answer in light of the picture you have posted. This is caused by a defective replacement screen.

Hi, it looks like your screen is damaged try another screen.

There is no difference on the function of different color, disassemble your iPhone then reinstall again, also check the connectors before installing it.

Sadik Elahi will be eternally grateful.