The Xbox One S, designed by Microsoft Corporation, was released on August 2016. The Xbox One S is a redesign of the Xbox One.

Help with stuck Xbox Controller B button

So, I have a Xbox One S controller with a stuck B button. I called Microsoft and they are sending me a new one and letting me keep the old one. So, I was wondering if I could fix the messed up button. It registers as pressed constantly but is not physically stuck. Has been tested on 2 Xbox Ones and a PC.

You can try this teardown below and see is something is possibly jamming the B button under the rubber as shown in step 8. It might be a software issue as well, but it's worth a shot to take it apart if it's not working anyways.

Xbox One Wireless Controller Teardown

Thanks! I’ll try this. It’ll have to go on my teardown table tomorrow!

This worked! The button was caught somehow on the paneling. I broke the haptic motor doing it but I have a soldering gun...

Ayyy, good to hear. Glad you figured it out and good luck with the re-soldering

Rubbing alcohol on a q tip wipe around edge of button and press the button rapidly no more sticky button your welcome

As I said, it is not physically stuck, I don’t eat and game. It’s something within the device, it clicks just fine.

Reed Crosby will be eternally grateful.