Screen Replacement with old Home Button

If I'm replacing the whole screen, if I just take the home button from the damage screen and put it in the new screen will everything be the same as in Touch ID wise. Will there be any difference?

You are correct, no difference and you'll keep the touch ID :) Just be gentle with the fragile flex cables and keep track of what screws go in each hole and power off phone and disconnect battery.

Yes, and the cable that connects the home button and to the logic board that runs along the back of the back plate

by cables your just meaning the cables that's connecting the display to the main board?

aj.haythe1 will be eternally grateful.