Can I open earbud and fix the wire?

My blutooth headset's left earbud is not working properly. It is because the wire is loose I guess; sound just comes when I'm not moving. If I move from one place to another the sound just comes and goes. I don't know if I can open the earbud and fix it. Can anyone help me?

The guy asked about opening the EARBUD.

Here's a guide that shows how to get into it. I would open it up and jiggle the wiring looking for a loose connection then solder it. Or just go over the solder joint with an iron:

LG Tone Ultra HBS-810 Speaker (Right or Left) Replacement

This is to replace the part from within the main housing. He op meant that if it is possible to open the earbud and solder the loose connection there. Not from the main housing that wraps around the neck but the actual earbud.

Yes! That's my problem too! All the answers I've found are for the speaker inside the arm that wraps around your neck. That's NOT what I'm looking for! The connection at the earbud itself is bad. I have the LG 1100 which basically snaps back when you no longer have it in your ear by pressing the button on the inside of the arm. I believe this continual snapping back is what caused the wire connection to the earbud to come partially loose. I know this because when I move the wire next to the earbud the sound can be heard intermittently depending on which direction I move the wire. So, the question is, can you open the earbud where the wire attaches and repair it?

did you ever get a solution?

I used a razor along the seam on the ear bud itself and it opened right up.

I have the LG HBS-770

If you carefully saw open the circumference where the little seam is, with a very thin blade, then you can cut 1/2 in of wire after the knot, then clean it tie a new knot, them solder the wires. Then after that you can just glue it together with gorilla glue, or some other super glue. After the glue dries the extra glue can be carefully cut off.

this applies if you do not like soldering whatsoever. good tip.

Likewise. I am going to attempt microsurgery on the earbud. What I would rather do is replace the earbuds with a better set. For most models, it is easy enough to replace wire and all, but mine are a model that winds up into the neckband (HBS-810) and I don't want to deal with the springy-windy mechanism.

But I can replace these with factory refurbs for $22 so if I mess it up, not a big deal. I'll let y'all know if I can do it.

This is the solution I need. Mine, the problem is in the connection within the takeup reel: if I pull it out/retract it rapidly a number of times, it'll improve; but, over time, the cutting out keeps getting worse. So, this is what I need. Is there a source for the speakers and takeup reels? Or a way to repair them?

EDIT: Well, I found a parts source thru LG's website, but they haven't gotten back to me yet.

However, having been a copier tech once upon a time in my life, I remembered that contact cleaner would probably be what I need. Not having any available, I turned to the next best thing: WD40. Yes, it's a lubricant, but it's a cleaner as well.

And it worked perfectly: no more cutting out, no more crackling, no more working the reel/contact slider to get a good connection.

Just pull the speaker out to full length, put a drop of WD40 in the opening, et voilá! The lubricant works its way into the reel and the contacts, and cleans things right up.

This would be the cheapest & easiest solution, IMHO.

I sprayed contact cleaner on mine and the on/off button fell off.

Himel Zarif will be eternally grateful.