How do I know if my battery is genuine?

Hey,

So I need a new battery for my iPhone 5s and do not want to go to the Apple store to get it fixed because it's too pricey and I can do it myself at home, the thing is that I want to buy a genuine battery, but I do not know how if the battery I'm buying is 100% genuine.

*EDIT* Can fake batteries be produced in black markets.etc or do they all get produced in certified factories somewhere in China?

Well, the only way to get a genuine Apple battery is to go to the Apple store and have them replace it. Otherwise, you will have to get an aftermarket battery and there are lot's of bad ones on the market, especially places like eBay.

iFixit sells very good quality batteries. I have used them myself for customer phones and other senior contributing members on this forum also speak highly of their batteries. I would recommend you order it here if you want to do this repair yourself.

iPhone 5s Replacement Battery Image

Thanks, will buy a iFixit battery now (from now on, as I just realised they sell parts here)

I concur. The best batteries I've ever used come from iFixit. I buy them in large quantities to install them in my customers' devices.

Andrew will be eternally grateful.