Model A1238 / 80, 120, or 160 GB hard drive / black or silver metal front

928 Questions View all

What kind of connector is this?

Hello everybody,

i wanted to change my Broken 160 GB HDD from my iPod classic. I used the guides to open the iPod.

An already purchased a so called 'iPod to CF adapter' and a CF-SD Adapter. After I the iPod was open i saw that the HDD connector is some kind of Small foil cable an very Small. So my request, does someone know if I can change maybe the cable to fit the Adapter or what can i do? I really would like to use the recently purchased

Block Image

adapter if possible.

I took pictures of the Parts:

Block Image

Block Image

Block Image

Block Image

Answered! View the answer I have this problem too

Is this a good question?

Score 0
Add a comment

1 Answer

Chosen Solution

Well you got the wrong part. An adapter is used when changing to a different thing.

Just get the correct parts to start off with. It's $2.75. Trying to use the wrong part will drive you up the wall.

Here's the correct part:

Was this answer helpful?

Score 1



thank you for the fast answer but I'm not sure what to do with this Info: I want to swap the HDD into an SD card with an iPod cf Adapter and inside the CF slot an CF SD Adapter. But it seems the Adapter I got is the wrong one. The cable was allready inside the iPod. What kind of Adapter is the correct one? I

Sorry If I'm kinda slow, normally i don't do these kind of things.


Add a comment

Add your answer

Andreas Zehetner will be eternally grateful.
View Statistics:

Past 24 Hours: 0

Past 7 Days: 1

Past 30 Days: 2

All Time: 65