The March 2015 update of Apple's 13" MacBook Pro Retina Display, model A1502, features fifth-generation Intel Core i5 and i7 processors and introduces the Force Touch trackpad.

Fan and overheating issues

I have had this Mac for a little over a year. Recently I started noticing that it gets abnormally hot, especially around the top of the keyboard/base of the screen. I ended up downloading Macs Fan Control and noticed that the fan turns itself on, goes to over 200rpm, then 500rpm, 1000rpm, and then back to 0. To me it seems the fan can't stay on for some reason. Advice?

What kind of pets do you have?

.... a cat.

Remove the fan and clean the vent radiator that it blows into with canned air. It also helps to blow out the rest of the machine. Look ar the vented back by the junction of the display and main body. Do not leave your Mac open at night as your cat may like the nice heated keyboard to sleep on. They have also been know to relieve themselves on keyboards. Not a good place for kitty to litter.

Get rid of that fan control software, your Mac knows when to to try to cool itself.

MacBook Pro 13" Retina Display Early 2015 Fan Replacement

cri will be eternally grateful.