Apple order number MC007LL/A / 27" 2560x1440 pixel display

Possible Power Supply issue?

Hello everyone. Long time lurker, first time question asker. This community has been great to me over the years. I mostly replace iPhone screens and other easily addressed issues on iPhone for family and close friends of family. So this community has been very helpful with some of those things.

I recently was given a 27in Cinema Display from a customer of mine (from my actual job). He was about to throw it out because "it's just a black screen". I told him I'd take it off his hands. I was originally thinking it was just the back light that may be broken. However, after getting it home it seems like a possibly power supply issue. When the monitor is plugged into a power outlet it won't even power up a Macbook through the Magsafe cable. This is my first Apple display and it doesn't have a power button so I assume it just powers on when plugged in or when a device is connected to it?

For those of you out there that have repaired these, is the power supply a likely culprit? I'm getting 120v on the cable so that doesn't seem like an issue. I've read in a few places those can go bad.

Also, Macbook does not recognize a display connected. Thus another piece of evidence leading me to think the dang thing isn't even powering on.

Look on the bottom of the stand to verify that it's an A1316

Looks like China is clearing this inventory out at cheap prices. Here's a brand new one at a great price.

250W Power Supply 614-0487 PA-3251-3A For iMac 27" A1316 LED Cinema Display

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-250W-Power-S...

At that price, I'm getting one for stock.

Definitely an A1316. Sounds like you concur it's most likely a power supply issue?

Well when said that it wouldn't power up, that was a major clue ;-) Also, if the part doesn't work you can relist on eBay after they run out in China for double to triple your cost. Not a bad ROI.

haha. Well, I've been reading places that the AIO cable can cause power issues and is a common failure on this thing. I'll be ordering a board momentarily. Thanks!

Doesn't sound like a bad idea!

Please leave me one ;-)

Jared Guthrie will be eternally grateful.