The Golf Mk5 was introduced in Europe in the autumn of 2003, reaching the UK market in early 2004. In North America, Volkswagen brought back the Rabbit nameplate when it introduced the vehicle in 2006.

Vw golf Back lights

Hi I have a 2005 golf tdi I'm pretty shore I have noticed lately going out to it early in the morning to go to work the back lights are on all other lights are off car is locked I was on Night shift when I noticed them turn on about 12 am opend the car made shore everything was off and can't seam to get them to turn off any one experienced similar issues ??

Check the brake-pedal switch. This small button behind the brake pedal is activated when you press down on the brake pedal and makes the brake light go on. Press the switch by hand to see if it's stuck. If it is, pressing it may force the stuck part.

Find the fuse for the brake light and pull it out. Remember to put it back in before driving again

Find the brake lightbulbs and remove them. Remember to put them back in before driving again.

Disconnect the negative battery cable. You will have to reconnect it again to start and drive your car.

If that doesn't work, try a new relay switch.

Jordan will be eternally grateful.