Model Number A1707. Released June 2017, this MacBook Pro features Kaby Lake processors up to the 2.8 GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor with Turbo Boost up to 3.8 GHz.

Left speaker is not the same as the right speaker output

I don't know if anyone else is the same like me or not who are using Touchbar version of 15" 2017, My left speaker sound output is not the same as the right speaker.

I tried Preferences Pane/Sound and trick the Balance of Left and right while playing the music. But, the output is not normal at Left Speaker. The right speaker can bring full of bass like surround sound. But, the left speaker can bring only treble sound. Neither the bass or the surround like the right one.

Am I only one who experiencing like that? Or was is because of the new MacBook Pro speaker system?

Is this the same one that suffered a water spill;;?

@mayer yep. But spill only happened on the right speaker. not the left one. And the right one is doing fine. I mean spill drop is only happened on the right side of the keyboard. And the left side is completely clean

I have the identical problem in the reverse. I also have the MacBook Pro Touchbar version of 15" 2017. In my case it is the left internal speaker that has full dynamic range and the right that only has highs. It is almost as if it is configured for the left to be a mid-range speaker and the right a twitter.

Had not a water spill but a single drop spill and on the left side of the laptop... right speaker won't work now. It's like it's muffled. &&^&^$^ Apple. Besides the screen being &&^&@@ up, now the speaker is &&^&@@ up too.

Free shipping on all orders over $100 or containing a Pro Tech Toolkit!

Browse Our Store

Most Helpful Answer

Brought my laptop to the service to get replacement. Actually, I’m pretty sure it’s an OS bug that leads to speaker getting torn apart (but I didn’t open my laptop, it’s just a guess of what happened after laptop woke up and left speaker popped loudly about 7 times)

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/796...

I had the same issue. I backed up my Mac, reset it completely, reloaded software and went into System Preferences > Sound > Output > and then I moved the balance to the middle because it was automatically on left for some reason. Resetting may be more of a last resort-type thing but it worked for me!

I had the same problem with my 2015 and got it repaired before the warranty expired. This was a hardware issue as I had the same problem on Windows Bootcamp. Apple found no evidence of water damage or anything. Looking through forums online, a lot of people has had this problem, but Apple denies that there is something wrong with the Macbook lineup.

I've got a 15" 2017 with touchbar and have the same issue, but my left speaker is muffled and only produces good bass sounds, while my right one has full range of sound and I can promise you that no liquids have neared my MBP at all. I'm super cautious with this baby. Anybody have any insight? Might hit up the Apple store tomorrow...

already found solution??

have the same exact problem but than with my right speaker not working

Same as me, I’ve been wondering why for a while!! :(

Same here, just after expired warranty. No water needed. Driving it to a service point tomorrow to see what can be done.

I’m having this problem as well except my situation is reversed — my right speaker’s volume is very low compared to the left’s. Tried resetting SMC and PRAM with no luck. Verified audio balance is in the middle. Replaced my right speaker with a “new” one to confirm it’s not a problem with the speaker itself. Moving my audio output balance over to the right is a hack that lets me enjoy me speakers at approximately the same volume again but this is obviously broken so I’m taking it to the Apple store tomorrow to see if they can diagnose the issue.

What happened ???

Thiha Aung will be eternally grateful.