Repair and disassembly guides for HP printers.

Why will printer not turn on?

Power of correct voltage is being provided at printer power input terminal. Printer on/off button has no effect. Printer appears "dead". HP Customer Service FAQ not helpful for this problem.

can someone help me i am not getting any power on my hp officejet pro 8610 i have tried everything to try to it back on but it would not do so i have carried it to a person who fixes printers and they said something about the printer internal power supply might not be working i have collected it back because they are taking to long to locate the part does anyone know how i can fix this if what is the part that i need????

ianhoward I have the HP OfficeJet Family Technical Support Solutions Guide available in my file storage do feel free to look through it and see if it might help you out. http://www.keepandshare.com/doc/2564159/... good luck and let us know if it works if not we will continue to look for another solution.

+ very nice resource site

What would be the chance of getting that Officejet Family Technical Support Solutions Guide back up on Keepandshare.com? It's no longer there and I'd love to see if it has an answer for why my Officejet 7410 won't complete a start up sequence but only cycles the LCD screen over and over.

You more than likely have a faulty wireless card in your 7410. However, the good news is the rest of the printer is probably still fully functional. I did a little google work and found a link to an article that shows you how to disconnect the built in wireless card to test.

http://callitout.com/quotes/index.php/ki...

Good luck!

Thank you SOOOO much for that link. I disconnected the wireless board as instructed and presto-chango, the printer booted up normally. I tried, as one person suggested at that link, to reconnect the wireless board after a successful reboot with it disconnected to see if it worked. But in my case, the reconnected wireless board would not allow the unit to boot. So, the wireless remains disconnected forever and I don't care. Don't use that function anyway. Printer is up and running normally. Thank you, again!

Glad to know it worked for you, Jack! The reconnection suggestion that you reference from the article is a misnomer - The problem is that if the card is bad, it just won't work - period. Some users have found that AFTER booting the 7410 with the card unplugged - they can reconnect it without crashing the printer - as long as the reconnection is done with the power ON. But wireless capability will NOT be restored. Plus as an undesirable bonus, the next time the power is removed and then reinstated, you're right back to the looped boot fail! The only way to confidently repair this is to replace the main logic board AND the wireless card - which is, in my opinion, far too expensive of an option for a printer of this age. Good luck to all! - Randy

I Think I Know How to fix this issue now -

A Hard Power Reset and Proper checkup of Power Establishment (cable , external power supply and power outlet )

Checkout these Post fix printer not turning On See I fthis Infomation Will Help You Fix This Issue .

Most probably these models comes with an external power supply. So all you need to do is to try changing the power chord first and if you have a volt-meter then do check if the supply is giving the prescribed voltage or not. If not then replace the power supply.

Due to improper maintenance such problem occurs in your Old or New printer. You need to update the printer driver time to time. Always use original printer hardware or Ink cartridges that keep you printer aways from errors. In this situation, you need to reset your printer and try to print. If you couldn't able to print then you need to take expert help. Call at HP printer technical support Helpline number 1-888-924-5460 anytime and from anywhere they are available round the clock to help you.

ianhoward27 will be eternally grateful.