Repair guides and support for 21.5" Intel iMacs by Apple.

Is there an internal fuse in the iMac?

My mac quit working (it won't turn on) after the power in our house flickered the other day. Is there an internal fuse that might have tripped or should I check the power supply module?

Yep. No power getting to the computer. The outlet is okay, so I am going to assume I have a faulty power module. Hopefully nothing else. Thanks.

SMC RESET

Shut down the computer.

Unplug the computer's power cord from both the wall and computer.

Wait 15 seconds.

Attach the computers power cable.

Wait another 5 seconds and press the power button to turn on the computer.

UPDATE

The LED's are on the logic board to the right of the RAM slots and between the RAM slot and the HDD sata connector

LED #1

Indicates that the trickle voltage from the power supply has been detected by the main logic board. This LED will remain ON whenever the iMac is connected to a working AC power source. The LED will remain on even when the computer has been shut down or put to sleep. The LED will turn off only if the AC power source is disconnected or the power supply is faulty.

LED #2

Indicates that the main logic board has detected proper power from the power supply when the computer is turned on. This LED will be ON when the computer is turned on and the power supply is working correctly.

LED #3

Indicates that the computer and the video card are communicating. This LED will be ON when the computer is communicating properly with the video card. If LEDs 1 and 2 are ON and you heard the startup sound, but LED 3 is OFF, then the video card might be installed incorrectly or need replacement.

LED #4

Indicates that the computer and the LCD display panel are communicating. This LED will be ON when the computer is turned on and video signal is being generated. If the LED is ON and there is no image on the LCD display panel, the LCD display panel or inverter might be installed incorrectly or need replacement.

Already did that. Several times. I even let it sit overnight unplugged and then tried again. no luck.

Todd Walters will be eternally grateful.