Released September 16, 2016. Model 1660, 1778 Available as GSM or CDMA / 32, 128 or 256 GB / Rose gold, gold, silver, black, and jet black.

home button needs service?

I switched an iphone 7 screen ... I was super careful about the home button .. plug in the new screen got up "home button needs service" so i tried with another screen and got up the same .. so i tried with the old screen and Then I got up "can not enable touch id"

Then I went back to the new screen and got "home button needs service"

I know I did not destroy that home button, but after using 3 different new screens (never used). Help please?

Hey hello . I replaced my iphone 7 display and have put a new one .. and when i started the phone every thing was working totally fine till15 days .. after 15 days a message poped up "TOUCH ID CANNOT BE USED ON THIS PHONE" and assistive touch was turned on automatically.. what should i do now... should i replace home button

Most Helpful Answer

The home button of iPhone 7 is SUPER temperamental. Any slight tugging on the cable may break it, or if the screen has any problem that results the system not recognizing the button once, it is likely to stay that way

Try a restore on both old and new screen, this should at least hope to override the software lockup.

same original hope button. I always disconnect the battery before doing anything else. his screen was very damaged around the home button so that might be it.. I'm just wondering how to deal with this.. maybe he will go to the media or something like that.. I used a lot of heat and was super carefull with the button. I might have to buy a new phone even though it may/may not have been my fault

Did you use your same original home button?

Did you disconnect the battery before disconnecting any other cables?

same original hope button. I always disconnect the battery before doing anything else. his screen was very damaged around the home button so that might be it.. I'm just wondering how to deal with this.. maybe he will go to the media or some $@$*.

Hey hello . I replaced my iphone 7 display and have put a new one .. and when i started the phone every thing was working totally fine till15 days .. after 15 days a message poped up "TOUCH ID CANNOT BE USED ON THIS PHONE" and assistive touch was turned on automatically..

first, change your battery setup and after that change, your display setting after that your phone will work... if you have any issue related to Norton products you can visit here...https://nortoncustomerservice.net/

nicolay.94 will be eternally grateful.